Pal-Think for Strategic Studies is an independent non-profit think and do tank that aims to stimulate and inspire rational public discussions and consensus for the well-being of the Palestinians and the Region. Pal-Think aims to give a clear platform for constructive debate and abundant research regarding the Palestinian and regional issues. We are based in Gaza and were established in 2007 by a group of Palestinian researchers and community activists who all have intimate relations and diverse knowledge of the Middle East, its current problems, potentials and possibilities. There are multiple Palestinian and international researchers, authors, politicians and activists connected to Pal-Think and our work.
One of the ongoing objectives of Pal-Think is to strengthen national unity and overcoming the current division. To this end Pal-Think implements various activities under a project called "Increasing Civil Society’s Role in Palestinian Reconciliation". It strengthens partnership between Palestinians across geographic and political divisions and supports activities towards national unity by academic institutions, youth, and civil society organizations. For this project, Pal-Think is looking for a "Project Coordinator"-Full Time- with temporary contract.
The Project Coordinator will have the following duties:
• Coordination and management of the project and its activities according to the organization’s and project documents, under the supervision of the Pal-Think director
• Advising organizations in developing activities for strengthening national unity
• Develop ideas, partnerships and garner financial support for the next stage of the project
• Being the point of contact for the Palestinian and international partners in this project and further developing ideas and proposals to deepen this partnership
• Manage the administrative aspects of the project, including monitoring and evaluation, reporting and organizing events and meetings
• Establish regular meetings with the team of project in West Bank and Gaza and with donors to communicate and share progress and project results.
• Contribute to other activities of Pal-Think and enable it to achieve its mission
• Master’s degree in Political Science, Social Science, International relations, conflict resolution or a related field.
• Graduated from a recognized university.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills Requirements:
• Five-year experience in program/project management, with proven capacity to generate ideas, and developing and implementing politically sensitive projects.
• Knowledge and experience of civil society, peace building, conflict resolution, and political and social environment in Palestine.
• Must be flexible, diplomatic, trustworthy, and a personality that can credibly engage with high-level politicians, academics, civil society leaders and grassroots activism, as well as with donors.
• A good team player, and able to work in a fast-paced environment and undertake projects with little supervision.
• Must have a proven record of research, writing and publishing.
• Organizational, administrative, communication, and managerial skills, with a high level of professionalism.
• Excellent in MS Office.
• Ability to travel between West Bank and Gaza Strip.
Language Requirements: Fluency in spoken and written both English & Arabic.
Duration: The contract will be 5 months contract with possibility to be extended.
Salary: The salary is competitive and commensurate with the qualifications
To Apply: Please send detailed C.V with cover letter and sample of publications (under the subject: (PalThink- Project Coordinator Vacancy) to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Deadline for application is 10th January 2017.
Shortlisted candidates who meet requirements will be contacted for an interview.
For more information, please visit www.palthink.org, or contact with us via Email: email@example.com
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------