The Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor, a Geneva-based nonprofit, nongovernmental organization with regional offices and representatives across Europe and the MENA region, operates as a complement to and partner with other human rights organizations. Through our projects and in-depth reports, we both empower the vulnerable groups and probe broad patterns of behavior that call out for sustained attention. When helpful, we pose recommendations for dealing with humanitarian crises and helping those affected.
Euro-Med Monitor has received a grant from the Kvinna till Kvinna Association to implement a one-year project designed to mainstream gender equity and women’s rights/empowerment in the Gaza Strip. Euro-Med Monitor is therefore looking to recruit an Outreach and Public Relations Coordinator based in Gaza, to work as part of the project team.
Job Title: PR Outreach
Duty Station: Gaza, Palestinian Territories
Project: Women’s Leadership Incubator
Duration of Employment: January 2017 – February 2018
Organizational Setting: The employee will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
As a PR Outreach Coordinator, you are expected to:
• Manage media relations and other promotion activities related to the project by writing news releases, contacting media outlets to pitch related stories, coordinating video shoots, etc.
• Liaise with project consultants and target groups.
• Serve as spokesperson for the project at meetings, special and media events
• Create project literature and other forms of communication
• Prepare work plans and progress reports.
• Arrange meetings.
• Ensure that translated materials are of satisfactory quality.
• Assist with travel arrangements, accommodation, etc. for international consultants, as necessary.
• Prepare contracts for international/local consultants.
• Provide interpretation services as needed.
• Perform all other administrative and related duties, upon request.
• University degree in business administration, public relations, English, or other related field.
• Experience in liaising and cooperating with NGOs.
• Reliable, broad and current understanding of women's rights and gender equity.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Experience in media relations and/or public relations a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, including grace under pressure and diplomacy with difficult personalities.
• Experience in project management.
• Excellent English proficiency, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple activities.
Kindly send your application no later than 15 January 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org The application shall include a letter of motivation and CV. Please answer the following questions in the letter of motivation.
- Why do you think you are the right fit for this position?
- Which of your experiences would you use in this position?
Please note that due to the nature of the work only female applicants will be considered.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------