Vacancy No: INSO/PAL/010
Post Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Palestine (Gaza)
Duration: 3 months, extendable contingent upon availability
No of Post: 1
Nationality: Palestinian, with Gaza residence
Salary: According to INSO Salary scale
Date Announced: 15 January 2017
Closing Date: 22 January 2017
The International NGO Safety Organisation exists to provide information and assistance to enable safer circumstances for NGOs and to increase aid access to all people in need in Palestine.
This is a temporary contract, with a limited duration of 3 months (extension possible) to oversee administrative requirements during the temporary absence of INSO’s Country Administration Manager. The position will initially be supervised by the Country Administration Manager for training and support. Ultimately, the position will work under the supervision of the Country Director, as well as the Chief Administration Officer (at OSO/HQ) and Finance Manager (at OSO/HQ) for technical and programmatic instructions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implement, enforce, and monitor the administrative and finance policies/procedures in compliance with INSO SOPs, Palestinian authorities, laws, and donor requirements.
• Follow the finance schedules in order to meet financial reporting requirements to Chief Administrative Officer, Finance Manager, and donors.
• Implement, enforce, and monitor logistics and procurement policies in compliance with INSO SOPs and donor requirements.
• Implement an internal control system in order to protect INSO assets (cash and equipment) in conjunction with Country Director.
• Ensure the program is in accordance with local laws and instructions, in terms of financial reporting requirements and labor laws.
• In conjunction with Information Officer, support INSO registration and membership activities.
• Monitor internal reporting as well as local news; contribute to activities undertaken by Safety Advisor and operational team, if necessary.
• Routinely monitor all assets and office items, including management of inventory. In conjunction with Information Officer, routinely monitor and maintain INSO’s IT and hardware, including coordination of repairs if necessary.
• Continually liaise with AIDA and administrative managers of other NGOs in Gaza and broader Palestine to be aware of relevant administrative updates and coordination activities.
• Oversee all internal transportation.
• Oversee all visa, permit, and ID requirements.
• Supervise 1 staff member (cleaner) for domestic and logistics support.
• Provide support with regards to external representation with local government officials. Accompany Director and Safety Advisor in relevant meetings, if requested.
• Must be available ‘on-call’ anytime to handle any emergency or urgent information that directly affects the safety of the NGO community.
• Provide English-Arabic interpretation competencies when required.
• Place NGO safety (including INSO’s own) at the heart of everything we do.
SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The Administrative Assistant will report to and be under the direct supervision of the Country Director, and will be supervised by the Country Administration Manager (Palestine), Chief Administrative Officer and Finance Manager (in OSO) for technical duties.
1. Minimum of five years professional work experience and at least three years experience working with NGOs (preferably in the field of finance and admin).
2. Programme and staff coordination/management experience.
3. Excellent spoken and written English
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Knowledge of NGO safety
6. Strong computer skills and knowledge of Windows and Office programs—especially MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Word, MS Outlook. Knowledge of QuickBooks is advantageous.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (including professional reference contact details), educational and work certificates to:
Please list “INSO Administrative Assistant” in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------