Vacancy reference no.: VAC-0339
Position: Cleaner /Security Guard
Place of performance: Gaza
Contract duration: up to 3 months
OVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
In order to facilitate the reconstruction of post conflict Gaza, the Palestinian Authority (PA) requested to establish a Materials Monitoring Unit (MMU) to monitor the entry and use of dual use items in Gaza. The MMU is a multi-disciplinary team located in Gaza that monitors the supply chain of dual-use materials. This team of engineers, quantity surveyors, stock monitors and IT experts monitor the storage facilities, suppliers, concrete processing plants, as well as repair and constructions sites. The monitoring is managed through the Gaza Reconstruction and Materials Monitoring ERP called GRAMMS which is an online tool, purpose built by our client to monitor the flow and use of ‘dual-use’ materials. The Materials Monitoring Unit (MMU) is responsible for conducting site visits to potential vendors, contractors, concrete processing plants and construction projects to monitor the flow and use of ‘dual use’ materials as required by the Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism. Data is collected through static and mobile devices and managed in a central database capable of producing reports that satisfy the parties and donors due diligence requirements.
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Manager, the incumbent is required to ensure provision of reliable cleaning services as well as provide security and safety services to improve staff safety, secure and protection of the designated car park (next to the company compound).
· To inform the Logistics Fleet Coordinator regarding stocks of all cleaning/kitchen/bathroom supplies and maintain a minimum stock as dictated by the Logistics Fleet Coordinator.
· Clean MMU offices, car park and vehicles to the standard required by Logistics Fleet Coordinator.
· Prepare conference room as and when required.
· Helps in the safe keeping of the office equipment and files.
· Preparation and service of the refreshments. Perform the simple clerical activities, such as copying, filing, using fax machines, and etc.
· Assisting office personnel with any other duties when requested to do so.
· Extra duties may include driving and security guard shifts.
· Ensures availability of all of the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of city country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
· Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
· Be prepared to work flexible hours to accommodate the office hours requirements (e.g. work during early morning or evening hours as well as and on weekends).
· He might operates as security guard when requested or assigned to do including night shifts as well as during UN/bank holidays.
· Screens, controls, vehicles entering and exiting the premises.
· Screens all pedestrians entering and exiting the premises.
· Assists in executing emergency evacuations/fire drills; inspects fire extinguishers and reports to Supervisor.
· Conducts foot-patrols for the purpose of identifying potential malfunction of physical security measures and other technical appliances and intercepting unauthorized persons attempting to enter the premises.
· Reports urgent issues to the his/her Supervisor and all non-urgent findings in the shift report.
· Assists in facility evacuation drills, fire drills, emergency/incident response drills, mass casualty drills and readiness drills with local first responder's, responds to fires in an appropriate manner; reports fire and safety violations/hazards to his/her Supervisor, works and cooperates with assigned fire/floor wardens.
· Correctly uses security equipment such as computer skills), CCTV, communications equipment, fire alarm system, public announcement system etc.
· Maintains alertness for any potential or actual breaches of security, distributions or unusual activity such as hostile surveillance detection and reports these to his/her Supervisor.
• Drive in and out and park the vehicles in the car park. Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
This role reports to the Logistics Manager.
The candidates will be working along with other team members of logistics team.
• Completion of Secondary School education.
• Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable relevant Cleaner experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in Middle East with local experience in Gaza is an advantage.
• Fluency in English and Arabic are essential.
• Hands-on performer willing and capable of forming part a successful team.
• Personal interest, commitment, efficiency, flexibility and willingness to work in a highly motivated team of professionals.
• Attention to details.
• Judgment and decision making.
• Basic knowledge and experience in using MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and the Internet.
• High organization skills.
• Able to work efficiency with minimal direction.
• A strong work ethic, prepared to work additional hours to ensure timely delivery.
• Ability to adapt to difficult working environment, under pressure and with limited time frames.
• Planning and Organizing; ability to plan work assignments and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines, and with minimal direction/supervision.
• Communication: excellent communication skills (spoken and written).
• Team- Experience supporting/ managing teams in a complex multi-national, multi-cultural environment is required.
• Demonstrated ability to solve operational issues/problems.
• Professional and courteous attitude.
• Ability to work effectively in a stressful environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity including gender balance.
• Basic working knowledge of computer hardware and software programs.
• Effective oral communication skills and ability to explain humanitarian security policies and procedures.
• Maintains a high sense of confidentiality.
• Secondary education is essential.
• A current valid driving license in Gaza's Strip for private vehicles is essential.
• Truck and passenger bus driving license is desired. Previous experience in driving armored vehicles will be a plus.
• At least 2 years of experience in cleaning.
• Valid driving license.
• Keen sense of ethics and integrity in dealing with colleagues.
• Prepared to work additional hours to ensure timely delivery of Project.
• Ability to work efficiently in a team environment.
• Displays initiate and ability to work independently.
• Good organizational skills, sound judgment and decision making.
• High attention to details.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills in both verbal and written form.
• Experience in UN or INGO's is highly preferred.
• Truck and passenger bus driving license is desirable
• Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Other relevant information:
Candidates interested in this role must be living inside Gaza City.
Interested candidates should send his CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Please refer to the vacancy number: VAC-0339. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------