Islamic Relief is a humanitarian INGO (www.irpal.ps) operating in Palestine in the fields of emergency relief and development. Islamic Relief announces the following vacancy for its office in Gaza Strip.
Title: Enhancing Youth Employability (EYE) Project Coordinator
Ref: PC-D-12-2016 .
Location: Gaza Office.
Duration: one year, renewable (Full time).
- Ensure effective stakeholders’ management including communication, coordination with project key stakeholders, maintaining strategic relations with key actors at TVET sector level and promoting project vision among target groups.
- Manage the regular stakeholders’ coordination events and meetings.
- Supervise the process of developing and implementing business plans for TVET centers/school.
- Responsible for project planning, and scheduling, and implementation, in adherence to the organization policies and practices, and guided by IRPAL vision and the projects goals towards achieving the anticipated results.
- Oversee the design, implementation and evaluation of competency-based curricula for the TVET occupations.
- Responsible for producing results-based reports as per the donors’ and IR requirements.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual work plans and monthly/quarterly progress reports in a timely and quality manner
- Monitoring the project budget and controlling expenditure in consultation with project manager.
- Ensure that all related activities are carried out to the highest quality standards within agreed timelines and budgets
Candidates must possess the following competencies:
- University degree in business administration, education, engineering, social development or any other related field from an accredited university
- Minimum 4 years of proven project management working experience in the field of education/TVET in INGOs, with solid background about developmental context in Palestine in general and Gaza Strip in particular.
- Thematic knowledge of TVET sector reality in Gaza Strip.
- Knowledge of curricula development approaches, learning methodologies, internship, apprenticeship, etc.
- Ability to network and build relations with stakeholders and partners with proven experience of stakeholders’ management including communication and coordination with project key stakeholders, maintaining strategic relations with key actors at sector level and promoting project vision among target groups.
- Experience in procurement management, particular dealing with experts and consultants (preparing TORs, supervising implementation of studies, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills including demonstrated leadership, teamwork, communications, etc.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken).
- Research design, data analysis, and high reporting skills.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Very good knowledge in MS Office applications.
- Problem solving, initiative, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Committed to Islamic Relief values and code of conduct.
- Enthusiasm, humanity, honesty, trustworthy, sincerity, responsiveness, dedication.
- A proven experience of effective project design, budget control and management.
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to apply electronically before the deadline shown on the vacancy announcement by completing an electronic version of the Application form. APPLY FROM HERE
Important notes to applicants:
Only candidates possessing relevant experience will be short listed.
Incomplete applications will not be given consideration.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------