Sustainable Palestinian Energy Efficiency Development in Palestine
Project ID No.: PEA FR-13/2016
Project Name: National Database Individual Consultant
Expressions of interest
The Palestine Liberation Organization for the benefit of the Palestinian Authority has received a Grant from the Agence Francaise De Developpement (AFD) toward the cost of the Sustainable Energy Efficiency Development in Palestine and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to procure individual consulting firm to perform a database for energy sector in Palestine, designing the Dynamic Portal that will include all the sectors and indicators, installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring, and maintenance of database within the EEU.
The individual consultant will provide for efficient storage, update and retrieval of data, provide high integrity to promote user trust in the data, provide mass storage of relevant data and make access to the data easy
for the user and protect the data from physical harm and unauthorized access.
The project activities include execution of energy audits in industrial, service, residential and agricultural sectors, capacity building; and development of an information centre and a large communication and dissemination programme to promote energy efficient and environmentally friendly techniques and behaviours in all Palestinian economic sectors.
The consultant main responsibilities are:
- Developing and building a dynamic portal that will include the PEA indicators by using the latest technologies.
- Building the content management system (CMS) to control and manage the portal dynamically to allow PEA staff to upgrade, update and add the new indicators using the CMS.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create portal layout/user interface by using HTML5/CSS3/ JQuery/AJAX practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our Portal.
- Provide an open forum for energy efficiency projects in Palestine.
- Technical Training for the staff on how to deal with the portal.
- The Portal shall provide authentication and session management, as well as other security services. These ensure that only authorized principals can access the information and services managed by the portal.
- The Portal must provide for easy navigation and flexible
- Direct access shall be needed to update content at anytime and in various areas. To accomplish this, we would consider content management system (CMS).
- Interfaces: The most important aspect of the portal specification is the interface. This, along with the documentation on how to use them, will allow the users to Access the portal easily and quickly without having to deal with the internal working of the portal engine.
- Browser Compatibility:
- The portal is expected to render consistently on all the browsers, Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, Mozilla , Firefox , Chrome.
- Programming Languages and Database: Portal must be build using the latest technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, MVC, and ASP.net with SQL server 2012.
- Portal must be use layers of security approach for the database
- The Content of the portal should be managed through a webbased
- Content Management System (CMS) for maintenance of The Portal.
- Portal should be easy extendable in the future, when there might appear the need for adding new module.
The Palestinian Energy Authority now invites eligible individual consulting to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information that should be in the form of a Word document or PDF files, indicating that they are qualified to perform the services, (including CVs of proposed personal) and meet the required consultant profile as follow:
- B.S. degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or any related field.
- Good Experience in web design and web development at least 3 years
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following programming languages: MVC, PHP, ASP.NET
- Good experience and knowledge in HTML5, CSS3, JQuery
- Good experience and knowledge in Databases such as Oracle, My SQL, SQL Server
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Having training in graphic design, website management, and
- Experience managing software selection and implementation
- processes strongly preferred.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a project team.
- Good command in Arabic and English, writing, reading and speaking.
- Strong communication skills, including analytical, technical writing and problem solving.
- Dynamic and strongly motivated.
The overall required effort for the assignment a total of 6 months.
Eligible individual consultant shall be based on quality and shall take into account their experience, their relevant qualifications and their capacity to provide the services and in accordance with the procedures set out in the AFD.
Guidelines for the Procurement of AFD-Financed Contracts in Foreign
Countries, April 2015.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 08:00 am to 03:00 pm.
Interested individual consulting shall submit their CV’s and experience to
the address below by 11:00 pm, on 22ndSeptember, 2016.
Palestinian Energy Authority (PEA)
Al-Irsal Street, PEA Building, 5th floor
Telephone: +972(970) 2 2984752
Facsimile number: +972(970) 2 2984753
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------