The USAID-funded Compete Project implemented by DAI aims to strengthen the competitiveness
and export potential in the areas of Agribusiness, Fishing, Tourism, Textile and Garment, Furniture
and Information Technology.The project is providing technical assistance to business service organizations in these sectors to improve sales, income, and employment.
DAI/COMPETE is seeking highly qualified ICT/ Technology Business Advisor for its Gaza office.
The ICT/Technology Business Advisor will assist with the Compete Project’s efforts to provide technical assistance to increase competitiveness resulting in additional employment, increased exports and private-sector investment.
The objective is to ensure effective, seamless implementation of the initiatives in the ICT and wider technology sector in Gaza.
These initiatives include improving workforce skills, working with key second tier firms to effectively advance the ICT and technology sectors, and supporting entrepreneurship activities with the aim of creating new startups and a responsive innovation system that can diffuse IT and technology solutions and services in other economic sectors, including agriculture, fishing, tourism, textile and garment and furniture.
• Develop business programs and activities to support the development of Palestinian IT related skills especially those demanded by international markets, multinational companies and local Palestinian companies.
• Help Palestinian entrepreneurs attain training on high end specialized software development
tracks provided by multinational companies including CISCO, Intel, Microsoft, Google and others.
• Work with the Gaza Program Manager on specific ICT activities related to the development of training.
• Build solid relationship with multinational IT companies such as Microsoft, Apple and Intel to help Palestinian companies and their employees attain specialized skills in developing new products and solutions such as the mobile systems.
• Actively follow-up on implementation of the project’s ICT programs and projects with our stakeholders based on the directions of COP.
• Develop and manage events focusing on the private sector academia partnership.
• Assist in reviewing proposals; concept papers, scopes of work and prepares documentations needed to proceed with all ICT related project activities.
• Assist in organizing and facilitating various project activities, events and interventions including planning, budgeting and financial logistics.
• Collect data needed for ICT different project activities and work with Compete coordinator attain needed information for Monitoring and Evaluation purposes.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, or Business Administration.
• 7 years of experience with a minimum of 5 years working in the ICT industry.
• Experience working with international donors and ICT firms is preferred.
• Proven experience writing high quality technical and administrative reports, scopes of work, and other fundamental project implementation documents.
• Demonstrated record of success in initiating business transactions with local and international ICT firms.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Excellent written and verbal skills in both English and Arabic.
Interested candidate should send their Curriculum Vitae with a cover letter, three references and salary
history for the past 3 years by email to: email@example.com. Please note the position you’re
applying for in the email.
Deadline for submission is September 20, 2016. No phone inquiries accepted.
All applications will be handled in strict confidence
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------