United Nations Relief and Works Agency
For Palestine Refugees - West Bank
The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees invites applications from qualified candidates for the post of:
Head of Professional Development and Curriculum Unit
1- Vacancy No. : 043/2016/X
2- Duty Station : Ramallah Men Training Center
3- Department : Education Sciences Faculty
4- Basic Salary : ,105.0 JD that varies in accordance to the pay policies set by the Agency & the candidate qualifications.
Other fringe benefits include provident fund & health insurance.
5- Allowances : Family Allowances payable up to 7 children and spouse. 25% of the basic salary as Senior Professional Officer Allowance
- A university degree in school related subject plus at least one year of professional teacher training; or
- Advanced university degree in an appropriate subject in education.
- At least six years of relevant professional experience of which at least two years as a teacher or as a trainer on issues relevant to education and a minimum of four years’ experience in an administrative/managerial/supervisory capacity.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Ability to provide inspiring, motivating and strategic leadership to his/her team.
- Understanding of promoting inclusive approaches in professional development programmes and curricula enrichment materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively to diverse groups and stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet target deadlines.
- Problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in standard Agency computer applications.
- Integrity and positive attitude.
- A PHD degree in education leadership and management, curricula or teaching methodologies.
- Experience in adult training and continuing professional development.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of research on Teacher’s professional development approaches and methodology.
The incumbent may be required to work beyond the regular working hours.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants are required to create a profile and complete UN Personal History form (P11) at
Please note that only applications received through this site will be considered. Deadline for submitting applications is 30 September 2016.
No applications will be considered beyond this date.
- Appointment to this post is subject to probationary period of one year. Upon satisfactory completion of this period and the continued need of the post appointment will be confirmed.
- UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer.
- UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs.
- UNRWA is a non-smoking working environment.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------