Recruitment for E-Government Project Manager
USAID’s Compete Project is a five-year program launched in mid-2012 that builds on the work of
previous private-sector USAID projects in the West Bank and Gaza. Working closely with local
partners and stakeholders, USAID Compete aims to strengthen the competitiveness and export
potential of key sectors in the Palestinian economy with a particular focus on accelerated growth
in the Agriculture, Tourism, ICT and Stone & Marble industries.
Through targeted activities, innovative solutions to unique constraints, training and technical assistance, USAID Compete will target Palestinian firms with good potential for growth helping to expand the country’s export revenues,increasing job opportunities that strengthen the Palestinian economy.
DAI is seeking a highly qualified e-Government Project manager to work with the MTIT (Ministry
of Telecommunication and Information Technology) and the hired service provider along with other stakeholders involved on the project of developing 10 RFP’s for 10 E- Government services.
USAID’s West Bank & Gaza Compete Project requires an E-Government Project manager for a
period between 10 – 12 months to work in the Ministry of Telecommunication and Information Technology to coordinate and oversee the implementation of the project. The Project manager shall provide the expertise and recommendations during the e-government project implementation. He/She
shall work closely with the established Government team (core team), stakeholders and with other
parties. He/She shall provide the expertise and recommendations in e-government implementation,
including the evaluation of the e-government implementation plan with benchmarks of international
best practices. The project manager shall support the preparation of TORs for the implementation of
selected services that might be implemented by the private sector.
1. Oversee and Coordinate between the different implementing parties ( MTIT, Serivce Providers,
and Other Ministries involved)
2. Assist in developing a comprehensive plan for training employees in e-government works
3. Coordinating with relevant stakeholders (e.g. relevant ministries, e-government core team, private sector entities) and identification of required partnerships, assist selected vendor with gap analysis, business process mapping, business process analysis, business process re-design and other services as needed.
4. Oversee the development of the E-Government services RFP’s and the implementation requirements in accordance with the Palestinian Government regulations and requirements including DAI procedures and templates which contains:
- complete requirements
- vendor qualification requirements (qualifications needed for the private sector companie to be eligible to participate in the e-services implementation),
- evaluation criteria
- list of deliverables
- reporting as needed
5. Consult working groups members and government agencies about efficient methodologies and technology for efficient delivery of e-public services.
6. Recommend complementary or additional tasks that the Ministry should undertake to ensure realistic implementation of e-government and methods of management suitable for efficient
7. Support MTIT staff in drafting technical specifications on delivery of e-services and ensuring
the compliance with national interoperability standards and framework for efficient interaction of information systems and national registers.
8. Scale up the development of relevant skills and competences to implement and support EGovernment initiatives
9. Perform Technical reviews to ensure systems integration , reusability, and interoperability
10. Participate in the evaluation of received bids as part of the committee and development of selection memos per USAID requirements
• Master Degree in relevant field (PMP certification desirable)
• Native proficiency in spoken and written English.
• Minimum 10 years’ prior employment as a senior project team member for international
implementing organization such as USAID/US State Department/UN
• Prior experience managing “ICT for Development” projects for international development
• Ability to work without direct daily supervision on multiple/ simultaneous projects.
• Ability to travel on short notice, to field project sites.
• Exceptional organizational, communication, and time management skills.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
• Ability to confidently and professionally deliver public presentations to clients.
• Own and use their vehicle during this assignment.
Interested candidate should send their Curriculum Vitae with a cover letter, three references and
salary history for the past 3 years by email to: email@example.com.
Deadline for submission is October 11, 2016. No phone inquiries accepted.
All applications will be handled in strict confidence
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------