Ajyal Association for Creativity and Development is a Palestinian nongovernmental organization firstly established in 2003 and registered at the Ministry of Interior, no.7329.It mainly aims to contribute in the Palestinian society development through implementing a variety of programs and developing projects. It seeks likewise to develop the concepts of community work according to a vision suits our society needs and to increase the targeted groups awareness and perception to contribute in a real development process to ultimately enhance and develop our society abilities. Ajyal works on four main programs: (Youth, child, woman and humanitarian support).
Catholic Relief Services CRS and Ajyal Association for Creativity and Development will be creating Child Friendly Community Centers in Gaza City. They will target children live in the border areas, which affected from 2014 conflict. The aim of Child Friendly Community Centers is to provide a safe and structured space for children to regain a sense of normality by taking part in regular recreational and cultural activities. This also allows children to improve their emotional, resilience and psychological wellbeing. Activities might include games, life skills, health education, sports, music, art and drama. As well, the centers will target the caregivers of the children and provide them with PSS sessions in order to develop their resilience and wellbeing. AACD is recruiting candidates for the following position; we welcome all applications from qualified and motivated men and women.
Position Title: CFCCs Project coordinator
Number of positions: 1
Geographic Scope: Ajyal Office, Gaza City
Period: 7 months with possibility of extension for 3 years.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Reports to: Executive Director (Direct) and Chairman (Indirect)
Supervisory Responsibilities: Site supervisors.
Project Support and field supervision
(1) Directly monitor and apply site visits to activity locations, and provide feedback based on field observation.
(2) Follow on day to day work issues and solve problems encounter activity implementation,
(3) Manage the database of children during all stages of the CFCCs implementation.
(4) Follow up the placement, monitoring and payments for CFI beneficiaries in cooperation with other departments in CRS and partner organization.
(5) Design and orient the field team and partner staff on forms and data needed for the activity implementation.
(6) In conjunction with the CRS team and finance team, monitor project activities and budget implementation.
(7) Ensure that grant recipients comply with the terms and conditions of the grant agreement.
(8) Maintain strong cooperative relationships with CRS team.
(9) Maintain strong relations with others CBOs.
(10) Ensure that CBOs are in understanding their cooperation through ongoing support.
Reporting and representation
(11) Contribute to needs assessments, efforts to map opportunities and challenges to foster the CFCCs activity.
(12) Assist community mobilization and response to appeals or field problems.
(13) Assist mapping of potential CBOs partners.
(14) Report to CRS and other supervision levels per reporting schedule.
(15) Advise management about issues affecting project implementation, potential compliance pitfalls, or key local issues affecting future project development
(16) Represent PODF at project milestone events together with Executive Director and others;
(17) Seek, establish and maintain external relationships that will be beneficial to the project
(18) Occasionally host donor representatives or CRS visitors.
(19) Provide support to other staff as needed.
(20) Take part in regular team meetings, program and staff meetings.
(21) Oversight and ensure proper documentation, record keeping of the project activities.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
• Extensive experience in working for INGOs on Development fields with a minimum of three years of relevant experience. Preferably on children projects.
• Strong cross-cultural skills and experience working with people from different ethnic/cultural backgrounds.
• Demonstrated capacities to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with donors, government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders.
• High level of English-language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
• Good writing and reporting skills to a multitude of audience
• Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel)
• University degree in management, public relations, or other fields.
• Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment
• Diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills
• Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
• Able to prioritize work, multi-task, and meet deadlines
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates can submit the following documents to email@example.com
- Cover Letter (ca. 200 words)
- the most recent CV including 3 professional contacts as references.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email e.g.: CFCC Project Coordinator
Deadline for submitting applications 23/9/2016, no later than 4 p.m.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------