El Amal Rehabilitation Society – Rafah is a civil non-profit organization established in 1991 with Ministry of Interior registration number 5058.Our society is NGO leader working with distinction in the field of development, education, health, culture, training and rehabilitation in order to ensure a better life for marginalized groups, especially the deaf and enhance their capabilities based on qualified professional that use better techniques to build a generation capable of contributing to the building society, it also aspire to distinctive and active participation in building a civil society in which deaf people enjoy full rights in the Palestinian society.
El Amal had got a fund by GIZ through the German Adult Education Association in Palestine "DVV International" bears the title "More Job Opportunities for Palestinian Youth (short-term courses component)" The project aims to secure income for unemployed women and men in Gaza through implementing the initiative of “The Kitchen - increased competitiveness of local food production in Gaza”. In order to achieve this aim, the following measure is planned: enhancing income generation for at least 60 unemployed youth through development of the productive kitchen unit and creating secured market for 5 new food production lines.
- Advancing access to labor market for at least 60 young men and women (20 – 35 years old)
through developing new food production lines;
- Develop the production unit (the Kitchen) of El Amal Adult Education Center and enhance its
productivity and competitiveness;
- Establish new effective entrepreneurial approaches to support unemployed youth through
applying the principle of income for production, and through applying the principle of ensuring
business agreements prior to the production.
El Amal Rehabilitation Society is recruiting candidate for the following position:
Title: Consultant (Food Production)
Work period: 1 year contract
Work Time: Full time
Work Time: Full time
• Key Responsibilities:
1. Develop studies, plans, and mechanisms of actions related to the Kitchen paths.
2. Develop scheduling activities for the project implementation`s plan.
3. Follow all stages of implementation, and the start of the actual activities of the various ideas and paths in the kitchen.
4. Preparation for follow-up actions and levels of production, progress and examination reports, track
reports. check results and reports of production, management expertise and financial assessment.
5. Develop and addressing the problems according to the changes in circumstances.
6. Overseeing the operating stages of the first experimental paths with the participation of the youth workers, employees in the kitchen.
7. leading internal training for the youth workers on how to use the paths equipment's in the kitchen.
8. Conduct networking visits to the private sectors and to the contractors and coordinate with them for supplying food products.
9. Develop practical tools to accelerate the production cycle.
10. Follow the procurement process for the all equipment which will be provided in the project.
11. Coordinate the daily progress of the project activities.
12. Close follow-up of project staff and contractors in coordination with the Project manager.
13. Coordinate with relevant stakeholders and undertake monitoring activities.
14. Contribute to the development of project work plans.
15. Contribute to the identification of potential difficulties and determining means of lessening or avoiding them.
16. Provide the Project manager with regular reports of activities undertaken and activities planned.
17. Documenting all project phases
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
1) University degree in Agricultural Engineering, Food Production or related field.
2) Minimum of 5 progressively experience in similar field.
3) Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English & Arabic.
4) Independent and self-motivated, with the ability to work in a team
How To Apply:
1. Qualified candidates can submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Cover Letter. 3. The most recent CV including 3 professional contacts as references.
Deadline for submitting applications Saturday 6/8/2016, no later than 2:00 pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------