CTG Global is a managed service company specializing in Recruitment, Management Consultancy, Human Resources support services and Monitoring & Evaluation in post disaster and post conflict countries around the world.
CTG Global provides services to humanitarian organizations, government, non-governmental organizations and corporates that enables public and private sectors to focus on their core business and the achievement of their objectives in hostile and threatening environments as we provide a safe and secure environment for them to do so and alleviate them of their risks, crisis and personnel management problems.
Position: Title: Driver
Expected Start Date: As soon As Possible
Total Contract Duration: 2 months & 14 Days
Qualifications: Not Applicable
Sector Experience: Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Transport experience.
Geographical experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in Middle East with local experience in Gaza is an advantage.
Language: Fluency in English and Arabic are Essential.
Project Context & Objectives
In order to facilitate the reconstruction of post conflict Gaza, the Palestinian Authority (PA) requested to establish a Materials Monitoring Unit (MMU) to monitor the entry and use of dual use items in Gaza. The MMU is a multi-disciplinary team located in Gaza that monitors the supply chain of dual-use materials. This team of engineers, quantity surveyors, stock monitors and IT experts monitor the storage facilities, suppliers, concrete processing plants, as well as repair and constructions sites. The monitoring is managed through the Gaza Reconstruction and Materials Monitoring ERP called GRAMMS which is an online tool, purpose built by our client to monitor the flow and use of ‘dual-use’ materials. The Materials Monitoring Unit (MMU) is responsible for conducting site visits to potential vendors, contractors, concrete processing plants and construction projects to monitor the flow and use of ‘dual use’ materials as required by the Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism. Data is collected through static and mobile devices and managed in a central database capable of producing reports that satisfy the parties and donors due diligence requirements.
Under the direct supervision of Logistic Manager, the incumbent is required to ensure provision of reliable and secure driving by driving vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items between the sites.
- Ensure provision of reliable and secure driving by driving vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items between the sites.
- Ensure cost-saving through proper use vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance and cleaning of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle, insurance, vehicle logs, office directory and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- He might operate as security guard when requested or assigned to do including night shifts.
- Other duties are assigned by supervisor.
- Hands-in performer; willing and capable of building a successful team.
Personal interest, commitment, efficiency, flexibility and willingness to work in a highly motivated team of professionalism.
- Attention to details
- Judgement and decision making.
- High proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and the Internet.
- High organization skills.
- Able to work efficiently with minimal direction.
- A strong work ethic; prepared to work additional hours to ensure timely delivery.
- Ability to adapt to difficult working environment, under pressure and with limited timeframes.
- Professionalism; strong theoretical background and substantive experience in all phases of international supply chain operations; ability to provide technical guidance to new/junior staff.
- Planning and Organizing; ability to plan work assignments and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines, and with minimal direction/supervision.
- Communication: excellent communication skills (spoken and written).
- Teamwork: experience supporting team in a complex multi-national, multi-cultural environment is required.
- He will be working along with other team members Logistic team.
A current valid driving license in Gaza’s Strip is essential for private vehicles. Truck and passengers bus driving license is desired. Previous experience in driving armoured vehicle will be a plus.
- At Least 4-5 years of relevant experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Valid Driving License.
- Truck and passenger bus driving license.
- Keep sense of ethics and integrity in dealing with colleagues.
- Prepared to work additional hours to ensure timely delivery of project.
- Ability to work efficiency in a team environment.
- Displays initiate and ability to work independently.
- Good organizational skills, sound judgment and decision making.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in both verbal and written form.
At Least 4-5 years of relevant experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
Lives in Gaza City
Fluency in English and Arabic is must.
Other Relevant Information
- The Incumbent must be mentally and physically fit.
- The incumbent must have a clean criminal record.
- All duties are performed in PPE: Safety Hat, Boots and High Viz when visiting the projects.
- The incumbent is required to perform night-shift duty.
- The incumbent must have a valid driving license.
Candidates should submit their CV’s to
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------