Do you have the dedication, skills, knowledge and experience to help us improve the life of Palestine refugees? The United Nations Relief and Works Agency offers challenging opportunities for professionals interested working in a results-driven and diverse environment. If you are then we would like to hear from you.
UNRWA is the United Nations agency responsible for the protection, care and human development of a population of some 4.6 million Palestine refugees living in the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, Jordan, Lebanon, and the Syrian Arab Republic. The Agency is committed to assisting Palestine refugees in maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. UNRWA is by far the largest UN operation in the Middle East with over 29,000 staff. Most of the staff members are refugees themselves, working directly to benefit their communities – as teachers, doctors, nurses or social workers.
Assistant Research & Evaluation Officer | مساعد مدير البحث و التقييم
Location: Gaza Field
Type of Appointment: Fixed-term
Deadline for Application: 15 June 2016
Vacancy Announcement Number: 01-06-2016
Department/Division: Community Mental Health Programme
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the ideal candidate will:
- Support the design and implementation of evaluation methodologies to measure the impact of various FCMH activities and interventions using standardized approaches, in coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit, to support evidence based decision-making;
- Assist in designing and complete surveys and other data collection tools for screening the refugee population for various mental health issues; feed data into database, analyze and reports results with statistical and other indicators to help identify/quantify efficiency and impact of FCMH activities and interventions; advise staff on related subject as needed
- As directed, undertake literature reviews and search to identify emerging trends and best practices on FCMH services and interventions to facilitate programmatic recommendations/decisions;
- Create, manage and maintain FCMH database, and extract needed statistical indicators; contribute to the design of appropriate outcomes/outputs indicators, targets and benchmarks to be used to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency and impact of FCMH components;
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and special reports summarizing research and evaluation activities; organize and maintain filing system for all relevant documents and reports;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- A university degree in research, psychology or mental health,
- Training course in statistics.
- At least two years’ experience in research and evaluating mental health and psychosocial support activities, projects and/or programmes.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic languages.
- Professional competencies related to the responsibilities in para four above, including research techniques and use of statistical analysis and ability to plan, implement and evaluate counseling activities and interventions;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Advanced computer skills especially with database and SPSS programmes;
- Excellent research and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- It’s desirable to hold advanced degree in psychology, mental health, public health.
The incumbent may be required to:
- Travel within the Area of Operations for duty purposes;
- Possess a valid driving licence;
- Work beyond regular working hours.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- Basic Salary: Monthly basic salary $1,096.90; plus a currency adjustment factor (present rate 4.68%) and monthly dependency allowance up to $123.25.
- Contract Duration: Three years including 1 year probation period.
- Leave: 30 days annual leave
- Pension: Provident Fund contribution
- Other conditions of service and benefits may apply.
Candidates with an equivalent combination of relevant academic qualifications, professional training and progressive work experience may also be considered
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo tests and a competency based interview. To learn more about positive and negative indicators of professional behaviours within the UN competencies, you may review the UN Competency Development – A Practical Guide
HOW TO APPLY
If you have got the skills and experience required above, and want to make an active and lasting contribution to improving the lives of Palestine refugees, then register on http://jobs.unrwa.ps by creating a personal profile and completing the UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications received through this website will be considered. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Candidates may also be invited to take a technical exam in order further evaluate their qualifications for the post. Due to a high volume of applications received, only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. The United Nations does not concern itself with information on bank accounts.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------