Handicap International (HI) is an independent international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster, working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups. Handicap International is active in the occupied Palestinian territory since 1996;and gives the priority to the development of capacities of disable person's organizations at local, national, and regional level. With over 30 years of experience, Handicap International (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization, currently active in 60 countries, working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. It works alongside people with disabilities (PwDs) and vulnerable populations, taking action and bearing witness in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. HI has been present in the Middle East since 1987 and currently operates in Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine, with a regional office based in Amman, Jordan, and field offices in each country. In Palestine, HI has been active since 1996 and works in both Gaza and West Bank through several projects focusing on:
- Support to disability movement and empowering DPOs
- Support to civil society capacity building
- Emergency response and preparedness
Through the project Post-emergency intervention to provide essential multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services to the most vulnerable women, men and children in Gaza, HI aims at supporting the provision of quality multidisciplinary functional and psychosocial services to the most affected population on the Gaza Strip by the last crisis. For this end HI is supporting 4 local partners organizations to provide outreach multidisciplinary rehabilitation services to the most vulnerable persons with disabilities PWDs in the five governorates of the Gaza Strip, each multidisciplinary team composed of: Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist, Psychologist, and social worker. HI provides ongoing technical support to partners teams to ensure quality of their intervention and services provided to beneficiaries as part of its technical support, HI is seeking to recruit a specialized service provider to deliver training and technical support to partners psychologists.
DESCRIPTION OF THE REQUIRED SERVICE
The service provider will be given briefing and introduction on HI procedure on outreach field visits by the Rehabilitation Technical Officer to avoid confusion when visiting the field and meeting partners and beneficiaries. The service provider will be in regular communication with the HI Rehab Project Officer especially on schedules of field coaching and any relevant issues. Communication and decisions between HI and the service provider will be through the Rehabilitation Project Officer.
-Two main Objectives of the service:
- Conduct training needs assessment on HI partners outreach speech therapy ST needs.
Partners speech therapists have raised their trainings and requirements through a training needs assessment done by HI team. The service provider has to conduct a rapid need assessment and, where he/she can determine their level of competences and build up on it, share the results with HI to consolidate global training needs. The topics raised by HI assessment will be subject to confirmation and/or adjustment upon the service provider rapid assessment results.
Capacity building and technical support to partners outreach speech therapists in order to deliver a quality intervention to beneficiaries.
Upon the rapid need assessment done by the service provider, results concluded will be transformed into objectives to build a training course for partners speech therapists to elevate their performance and capacitate them towards more quality intervention with clients in the five governorate of the Gaza Strip. Following the training, the service provider will provide a technical support to partners speech therapists within the 5 governorates. At the end of the 6 months, the service provider should be able to report improvement in knowledge and skills of the speech therapy services from the 5 governorates towards clients care and family support.
- Service/ consultancy expected outcomes:
a) Partners speech therapists knowledge and understanding are increased.
b) Partners speech therapists are familiar with new therapy methodologies and techniques, in particular for persons with disabilities.
SERVICE DURATION AND LOCATION
Services required within 7 months from June, 2016 until December, 2016.
EXPECTED DELIVERABLES AND SUBMMISSION
Comprehensive training package and report submitted to HI
- Training Needs Analysis Report Within 7 days after signing of contract
- Training Plan Within 7 days after signing of contract
- Training Materials Within 3 5 days before the first day of training
- Post Training Report 7 days after the last day of the delivery of training
- Final Technical Report
- Competency Profile (before and after) of each speech therapy from each governorate;
- Final Report should include all the materials, tools developed during the 7 months;
- The report should be submitted to HI 15 days after end of the service contract.
Note: All reports and training materials have to be submitted in 2 languages Arabic and English.
- APPROXIMATE BUDGET
For this consultancy, HI is allocating 8,000 ILS as a lump sum fees.
The amount excludes VAT & includes transportation and communication and all other expenses of the service provider.
The selected Service provider will respectively bear the cost of incurred for the current Advertisement on Jobs.ps
- QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
The Service provider (professionals/individuals and/or companies/organizations) is expected to be specialized and working in the field of speech therapy support, with good track record and is operating within Gaza that can deliver the needs of Handicap International in:
- Professional training on speech therapy and related topics using adult learning approach.
- Field coaching for speech therapists workers.
- Technical reporting in English.
- Knowledge on disability, inclusive development and human rights based approach are an advantage.
- APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested applicants can submit the following for consideration:
- Detailed narrative and financial proposal (break down) according to the terms of reference specifications within the budget allocation for this consultancy; mentioned under point 5.
- The technical offer must include details on the proposed methodology on the training needs assessment, training delivery and technical support services.
- Organizations or professionals profiles including evidence of recent projects.
- For companies; must hold a valid registration.
- Curriculum Vitae of professionals to be involved in the service provision with character reference.
- Copies of published / unpublished works and evidence of previous assignments, with specific focus on similar areas / assignments.
- Copies of at least 1 report on similar training or technical support.
Interested applicants are invited to send documents in PDF format ONLY via e-mail to:
(Subject: Rehab ST Training and Technical Support), no later than 4th June, 2016.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------