UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon
, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 30,000 staff. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions.
Consultant – Assistant Contributions Officer, Gaza
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working under the supervision of the Contributions Officer in the External Relations Department based in UNRWA, Gaza. The Consultant will:
- Create Grants, creates budget, release budget and transfer of funds in the new financial system ERP/REACH after coordination with his/her supervisor and based on documents received;
- Prepare and update statistics and records of regular and special cash and in-kind contributions, pledged or received from UN Agencies, governments, inter-governmental and non-governmental organizations and others for internal and external purposes;
- Prepare and update the funding overview broken down by programme including pledged, received and forecasted income with coordination with External Relations Projects Officers;
- Liaise with the Projects Unit in External Relations Department and Projects Office in Field Offices on contributions received toward projects and with Finance Department on estimated income recording, payments, outstanding pledges, financial statements and Agency’s income estimates;
- Reconcile contribution figures recorded in the SAP/REACH with the one in the circulated/requested excel files.
- Assist his/her supervisor in the closure of accounts process by providing Finance Department lists of pledges, receipts and outstanding amounts in addition to providing supporting documents for pledges and answering queries;
- Review acknowledgement letters and receipts for donor contributions before submitting for signature;
- Replace his/her supervisor/colleagues during their absence;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A university degree from an accredited educational institution in business administration, accounting, IT or related field, including a course in accounting.
- At least three years related professional experience in administrative functions, bookkeeping and accountancy.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Ability to plan and prioritize the work under right deadlines and handle multiple concurrent activities;
- Positive attitude and strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good knowledge in programme management cycle and results based management;
- Affinity with cross-cutting issues of gender, disability, youth and protection;
- Proven ability to exercise initiative;
- Proficiency in using computer applications, including Excel and MS word;
- Demonstrated skills in financial tracking and monitoring.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- The duration of the consultancy is 12 months with the expected start date of 01 July 2016 or if possible earlier.
- Remuneration for this consultancy will be US$1,200 per month.
- The incumbent will be based in Gaza.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV or UN Personal History Form demonstrating clearly the knowledge and experience required to meet the consultancy requirements via email@example.com indicating the title of this consultancy “Assistant Contributions Officer” in the subject line of the message. The deadline for the submission of applications is 12 June 2016.
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men. UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women. Only those applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------