الأونروا هي منظمة الأمم المتحدة التي من المتوقع أن الالتزام بأعلى معايير النزاهة والحياد والنزاهة الموظفين. وهذا يشمل احترام حقوق الإنسان، والتنوع، وعلى وسائل غير عنيفة للتعامل مع جميع أنواع الصراع. ومن المتوقع أن التمسك بهذه القيم في جميع الأوقات، سواء في العمل وخارجه موظفي الأونروا.
Programme Support Assistant (Admin)
Location Gaza Field
Type of Appointment Limited
Deadline for Application 18 May 2016
Vacancy Announcement Number 02-05-2016
Grade Band D
Department/Division Office of DUO-G / Gender Initiative
In accordance with Agency policy and procedures, the ideal candidate will:
- Assist Programme Officer in daily management of programme administration and finances;
- Compile weekly financial overviews for the programme management;
- Compile financial reports for reporting purposes;
- Ensure all purchase orders and requests are processes and follow-up service contracts;
- Review and process expenditures submitted by staff, advance payment submitted by partners and suppliers. Ensure that all supporting documents are in compliance with UNRWA financial reporting standards and guidelines;
- Assist in preparing Memorandum of Understanding with the partners CBOs;
- Support the Gender Officer and Programme Officer in HR related issues. Ensures that individual performance reviews are conducted in timely manner; collates and reports on collected results. Maintain staff records, staffing table and leave applications.
- Coordinate with the Field Finance Department on financial and budgeting matters;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or any related field of study;
- At least three years of experience in similar positions with the UN or an INGO;
- Understanding of the UNRWA financial reporting standards and guidelines is an asset;
- Good language skills in English and Arabic;
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint);
- communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent knowledge/experience with SAP;
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet);
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated;
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed; and Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- Basic Salary: Monthly basic salary varies from $ 935.6 to $ 1401.6 based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate; plus a currency adjustment factor (present rate 4.18%). Contract Duration: six months. Extension is subject to continued need, availability of funds and satisfactory service.
- Leave: 30 days annual leave.
- Other conditions of service and benefits may apply.
- A regular staff member can apply to this LDC post but will not be allowed to assume such post through secondment as he/she needs to leave his/her current post to accept LDC appointment.
- Candidates with an equivalent combination of relevant academic qualifications, professional training and progressive work experience may also be considered.
- ASSESSMENT METHOD Qualified candidates will be required to undergo tests and a competency based interview. To learn more about positive and negative indicators of professional behaviours within the UN competencies, you may review the UN Competency Development – A Practical Guide
HOW TO APPLY
If you have got the skills and experience required above, and want to make an active and lasting contribution to improving the lives of Palestine refugees, then register on http://jobs.unrwa.ps by creating a personal profile and completing the UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications received through this website will be considered. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Candidates may also be invited to take a technical exam in order further evaluate their qualifications for the post. Due to a high volume of applications received, only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. The United Nations does not concern itself with information on bank accounts.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------