Do you have the dedication, skills, knowledge and experience to help us improve the life of Palestine
refugees? The United Nations Relief and Works Agency offers challenging opportunities for
professionals interested working in a results-driven and diverse environment. If you are then we
would like to hear from you
Mobile Safety Officer
Location Gaza Field
Type of Appointment Limited Duration Contract
Deadline for Application 29 May 2016
Vacancy Announcement Number 10-05-2016
Grade Band “E”
Department/Division Safety and Security
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the ideal candidate:
- Assists in the development and implementation of established safety and security standards, guidelines
- and procedures to ensure security mainstreaming in all installations within his/her designated area;
- responds to emergencies in a timely manner;
- Conducts periodic building and office security and safety assessment surveys; guides the
- implementation of emergency and safety standards; acts as the area Fire Marshal, conducts inspections
- and makes recommendations with regard to fire safety.
- Conducts a wide variety of safety and security related training for area and management staff including,
- Security Awareness, Driver Safety, Fire Safety, Conflict Prevention & Resolution within his/her
- designated area of operations; provides introductory Security briefings to new staff members;
- Ensures that security Incident Reports are properly forwarded to HQ within established time lines;
- conducts investigations as directed by Field Director; responds to both Field and HQ requests for
- reports and information in a timely manner;
- Assists in planning and implementing security and safety awareness activities such as fire drills and first
- aid exercises;
- Advises management staff in area concerning their security-related duties and responsibilities;
- Works closely with UNDSS and local authorities; maintains positive and constructive relationships with
- local security, police, fire and medical authorities;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- A university degree in a related field.
- Training related to security and safety measures;
- At least two years of progressively responsible experience in the police, military, security industry or
- related field.
- Very good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills; ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple activities;
- Proven ability to conduct training;
- Knowledge of security planning and management combined with good technical skills in safety matters
- and communications equipment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain working relationships in a multi-cultural
- Proven ability to perform with minimal direct supervision;
- Good report writing skills;
- Good computer skills; ability to operate standard computer software used by the agency.
- Possession of a valid driving license;
- Willingness to work beyond regular working hours and respond to emergencies at any time;
- The incumbent may be requested to travel.
- It’s desirable to have practical working knowledge of the UN and formal training in security and safety measures
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- Basic Salary: Monthly basic salary $1261.4; plus a currency adjustment factor (present rate 4.68%) and monthly dependency allowance $18.65 and Group Medical Insurance GMI $12.00.
- Contract Duration: six months. Extension is subject to funds availability, continuing need and satisfactory performance.
- Other conditions of service and benefits may apply.
- A regular staff member can apply to this LDC post but will not be allowed to assume such post through
- secondment as he/she needs to leave his/her current post to accept LDC appointment.
Candidates with an equivalent combination of relevant academic qualifications, professional training and progressive work experience may also be considered
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo tests and a competency based interview. To learn more about positive and negative indicators of professional behaviours within the UN competencies, you may review the UN Competency Development – A Practical Guide
HOW TO APPLY
If you have got the skills and experience required above, and want to make an active and lasting contribution to improving the lives of Palestine refugees, then register on http://jobs.unrwa.ps by creating a personal profile and completing the UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications received through this website will be considered. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions.
Candidates may also be invited to take a technical exam in order further evaluate their qualifications for the post. Due to a high volume of applications received, only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. The United Nations does not concern itself with information on bank accounts.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------