Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non-governmental organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in different development and emergency sectors.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community.
Bayader in cooperation with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) are in the process to implement “Disaster Risk reduction in the Gaza strip” Project which aims to implement the Saving and Internal Lending Communities (SILC) methodology, The SILC model offers poor households safe and frequent opportunities to save in the convenience of their own communities, it help members build lump sums that become available at the pre-determined time, and allows them easy access to small, flexible loans or emergency grants.
Bayader seeks qualified candidate to fulfill the following vacancies:
Position title: Project Coordinator
# Of Positions: 1
Project Duration: 11.5 Months, possibility for extension upon fund availability
Directly Reporting to: Program Manager
Location: Khan Younis.
Summary Job Description:
The SILC project coordinator is responsible for the overall administrative, technical and financial management of project activities, ensuring the project meets its objectives and targets. The SILC Project Coordinator directly supervises field supervisors, and indirectly supervises a team of Field Agents. The SILC project Coordinator develops operational plans, monitors their execution, and prepares periodic project performance reports.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Planning and coordination
• Represent SILC to local stakeholders.
• Develop annual operational plans in line with the Private Services Provider (PSP-SILC) methodology and oversee their implementation.
• Develop monthly activity plans and oversee their implementation.
• Facilitate periodic staff and agent meetings.
2. Staff supervision and development
• Conduct training needs assessments for field supervisors.
• Coordinate staff trainings.
• Approve and monitor individual work plans.
3. Program Quality
• Map project area and define agent operating areas.
• Oversee communication with project communities.
• Oversee agent recruitment.
• Oversee agent certification and PSP launches.
• Oversee network formation.
• Perform spot checks with Field Supervisors, Field Agents and SILC groups in the field.
• Analyze Management Information Systems MIS reports and translate them into management decisions to improve the program.
4. Documentation, Learning and Reporting
• Ensure Field Agents and Field Supervisors submit timely, complete and accurate reports
• Document best practices, lessons learned and success stories
• Prepare narrative and MIS reports
5. Financial Management and Reporting
• Manage project expenditure in line with approved budgets
• Oversee the advance/liquidation process for project activities
• Oversee the preparation of financial reports
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Microfinance, Business Administration, Project
Management or related discipline.
• At least 5 years of experience in community development, with at least 2 years of project management.
• Specialized knowledge of and experience with savings group programming - with a preference for community-agent and/or fee-for-service approaches.
• Proven leadership ability with strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong writing and documentation skills.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, e-mail).
To learn more about Bayader, please visit our Facebook Page at: https://www.facebook.com/bayader.Khanyounis
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV, letter of motivation and two professional references to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Position Title in the subject line.
Deadline for submission:
Thursday 3:00 PM, 21st April 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Bayader believes in equal opportunities for both genders
Disaster Risk reduction in the Gaza strip is funded by CAFOD (The Catholic Agency for Overseas Development, the official aid agency of the Catholic Church in England and Wales and part of Caritas International), implemented by BAYADER in cooperation with Catholic Relief Services CRS.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------