الأونروا هي منظمة الأمم المتحدة التي من المتوقع أن الالتزام بأعلى معايير النزاهة والحياد والنزاهة الموظفين. وهذا يشمل احترام حقوق الإنسان، والتنوع، وعلى وسائل غير عنيفة للتعامل مع جميع أنواع الصراع. ومن المتوقع أن التمسك بهذه القيم في جميع الأوقات، سواء في العمل وخارجه موظفي الأونروا.
فقط الأشخاص الذين يرتكبون الكامل وغير المشروط لهذه القيم يجب التقدم بطلب الحصول على الوظيفة لدى الأونروا. الأونروا هي بيئة عمل خالية من التدخين.
UNRWA is the United Nations agency responsible for the protection, care and human development of a population of some 4.6 million Palestine refugees living in the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, Jordan, Lebanon, and the Syrian Arab Republic. The Agency is committed to assisting Palestine refugees in maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. UNRWA is by far the largest UN operation in the Middle East with over 29,000 staff. Most of the staff members are refugees themselves, working directly to benefit their communities – as teachers, doctors, nurses or social workers.
Technical Instructor (Mechanic)
Type of Appointment Fixed Term
Deadline for Application 12 May 2016
Vacancy Announcement Number 05-04-2016
Department/Division Education Programme (GTC)
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the ideal candidate is responsible for :
- Organizing and developing the subject of specialization;
- Coordinating the teaching of the subject with subjects taught by other instructors;
- Ensuring the proper implementation of the subject syllabus and the evaluation of its effectiveness under the direction of the supervisors concerned;
- Maintaining records and control of different supplies of the section and for the care and proper utilization of the facilities and equipment;
- Participating in co-curricular activities in the Centre and in different summer courses when required;
- Participating with other staff members in maintaining order and discipline in the Center;
- Performing such other duties as may be assigned.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- A university degree in the subject to be taught.
- No experience.
- A university degree in the subject to be taught plus successful completion of a special professional teacher in-service training course of at least one year duration OR
- Advanced university degree in a subject relevant to his/her field of specialization or in education or psychology OR
- A university degree requiring at least five years of study with major specialization in the field of subject taught.
- Two years of satisfactory teaching experience as Technical Instructor "C" for a university degree of four years duration;
- No experience is required for advanced degree holders;
- No experience is required for holders of a university degree of five years duration
- A university degree of four or five years of study with major specialization in the subject to be taught, plus successful completion of a special professional teacher in-service training course of at least one year duration OR
- Advanced university degree in a subject relevant to his/her field of specialization or in education or psychology.
- Two years of satisfactory teaching experience as Technical Instructor "B".
- Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Ability to take initiative and maintain cordial relationship with all concerned.
- Ability to conduct and coordinate training events and develop the related curricula.
- Strong communication skills.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- The monthly basic salary depends on the grading level and varies on the entry on duty from $899.1 to $1,096.90; plus a currency adjustment factor (present rate 4.18%) and monthly dependency allowance up to $123.25.
- Contract Duration: Three years including 1 year probation period.
- Pension: Provident Fund contribution
- Other conditions of service and benefits may apply.
Candidates with an equivalent combination of relevant academic qualifications, professional training and progressive work experience may also be considered.
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo tests and a competency based interview. To learn more about positive and negative indicators of professional behaviours within the UN competencies, you may review the UN Competency Development – A Practical Guide
HOW TO APPLY
If you have got the skills and experience required above, and want to make an active and lasting contribution to improving the lives of Palestine refugees, then register on http://jobs.unrwa.ps by creating a personal profile and completing the UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications received through this website will be considered. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Candidates may also be invited to take a technical exam in order further evaluate their qualifications for the post. Due to a high volume of applications received, only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. The United Nations does not concern itself with information on bank accounts.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------