Team Assistant – Gaza | Job ID/Title : Team Assistant | Brand : WHO | Application Deadline : 31-Mar-16 | Duty Station : Gaza
The Team Assistant works under the direct supervision and the general guidance of the relevant Programme or Technical Officer. The supervisor gives instructions on non-routine matters and ensures on-going support through job training and technical guidance. Routine tasks are performed independently within detailed guidelines. Overall supervision received is focused on the successful delivery of client oriented and efficient execution of operational services.
Description of Responsibilities:
FUNCTION 1 (INCL. EXPECTED RESULTS)
Processes correspondence and handles file and record management related to certain projects or programme activities, achieving results such as:
- Keep a repository of all the documents, technical papers and reports relevant to the programme/project.
- Establishment and maintenance of proper filling system for all the programme/project activities.
- Receipt, screening and processing of incoming correspondence and requests; compilation of background information and submission to the staff concerned; draw their attention to specific issues/problems as necessary.
- Follow up with respective staff on timely reply to correspondence and queries s.
- Receiving and screening visitors and telephone calls, making appointments, answering basic and standard queries of and/or redirecting visitors and callers.
- Update and maintenance of information databases, such as mailing lists, document tracking systems and reporting systems on the status and completion of technical projects and programmes.
FUNCTION 2 (INCL. EXPECTED RESULTS)
Delivers administrative Services for programme or project implementation, achieving results such as:
- Administrative arrangements for field visits and duty travel of project and programme staff, consultants and visiting missions, follow up with administrative staff on ticket and hotel reservations and security clearances.
- On the basis of general instructions, search of files and records and selection of information for use in preparing correspondence, reports, project or programme plans.
- Formatting of letters, reports, technical documents, manuscripts, newsletters and other material in accordance with standard operating procedures.
FUNCTION 3 (INCL. EXPECTED RESULTS)
Provides secretarial, administrative and logistical support in the arrangement of meetings, seminars, conferences and other events related to technical programmes or projects, achieving results such as:
- Arrangements for the preparation and organisation of technical and programmatic meetings, conferences, seminars, workshop, courses and other events, including activities such as implementation of logistics, preparation of invitations letters and follow up on travel and hotel arrangements, travel authorisations/claims, etc.
- Typing, compilation and distribution of working documents, photocopying and preparing files and other material for various events.
WORK RELATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
The Team Assistant is constantly providing administrative assistance to the internal staff and units involved in the management of technical programmes and projects as well as at times with external clients who are participating in events. The Team Assistant responds to routine queries, requests and receives data, provides information on status of transactions and exchanges a variety of information that is limited to the particular project or programme. The exchange may involve limited discussions.
IMPACT OF FUNCTIONS
The function plays a key role with respect to the clients served through the delivery of transaction services related to technical projects or programmes. The Team Assistant ensures smooth administrative procedures in terms of project implementation, arrangements of meetings and field visits and the proper processing and filing of documentation and records.
- Communicating in a credible and effective manner: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively.
- Producing Results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity.
Completion of secondary education is required, supplemented by secretarial/administrative training.
Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
2-4 years progressive experience in secretarial/administrative work is required, preferably in the UN system.
- Ability to operate PC and good knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Good drafting skills
- Ability to adapt deal with people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds
Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Applications must be submitted by 31st March 2016 to
Applications must be in English and include your CV.
Only Palestinians are eligible to apply.
WHO HAS A NON-SMOKING WORK ENVIRONMENT
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------