The Palestinian Bar Association (PBA) is looking for a candidate to occupy a position of “Knowledge and Management Officer”
that is part of an ongoing UNDP/UN Women Joint Programme-funded project to enhance the profession of lawyers, build sustainability into the legal aid service provision in Gaza and promote access to justice.
The European Union funded Project “Building a Sustainable Legal Aid System in Palestine” (‘the Project’) is part of this broader Joint Programme and will be implemented between 1 November 2015 and 30 April 2017. The objective of the Project is to improve the administration of justice in the State of Palestine in accordance with international standards, including access to justice for vulnerable groups. A key focus of the Project will be to strengthen institutionalized approaches to the provision of legal aid services in Palestine and the harmonization of the legal framework. During the implementation of the Project, the Knowledge Management position at the PBA will work 100% on the implementation of this Project. This position will replace knowledge management activities which were previously run separately by various CSO partners, by consolidating, strategizing and co-publishing awareness information regarding legal aid.
Contract term: 1 year Reporting line: the position will report to the Planning Unit Manager (PUM) at the PBA, who will provide day to day management and oversight of the Knowledge Management officer. The position will also provide regular reports as required to the Project Manager of the EU Project.
Key Performance Areas:
- Promote a Knowledge Management culture in Awn Network through engagement with all legal service provider members at the legal aid clinics (fixed and mobile) and other legal sector stakeholders
- Develop the systems and tools to more effectively to collect data and disseminate knowledge produced through the upgrading of Awn Network’s data base
- Work with IT expert to develop the AWN Data base to start to generate electronic reports of all legal aid services provided, established and maintained.
- Oversee quality and integrity of all publications emanating from AWN Network members, and assuring adherence to Joint Programme guidelines on visibility (including European Union visibility guidelines).
- Establish and review a procedure for reviewing quality of services provided by the PBA including client surveys, file reviews and feedback to lawyers.
- Develop a system for recording examples of pro bono legal aid excellence.
- Ensure compliance by the PBA with European Union visibility guidelines in relation to activities funded by the European Union.
- Consult directly with the Joint Programme Communications Specialist on planning and rollout of content, as well as logo usage and representation;
- Manage Awn Network websites and coordinate content from Awn Network members, and Planning Unit Manager (PUM) at PBA/Gaza.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Strengthen and promote knowledge management and communications techniques, methodologies and processes and embed in Awn Access to Justice Network member organizations.
- Strengthen the KM institutional learning and capacity development’ systems for the PBA Gaza in general and Awn Access to Justice Network member organizations in particular.
- Develop and implement relevant and necessary KM capacity building plans to support Awn Access to Justice Network member organizations.
- Review, edit and consolidate publications of all AWN partners, considering political sensitivities, gender dimensions and programmatic relevance/target audiences.
- Help the PMU in preparing the AWN newsletter with cooperation of all members.
- Help the PMU director and PBA board in organizing the joint conferences under AWN network.
- Follow up the awareness raising materials produced by the AWN network.
- Facilitate knowledge and information flows among Awn Access to Justice Network member organizations, CSOs and Palestinian Justice Institutions and other relevant legal sector structures.
- Support the PMU and Awn Access to Justice Network member organizations in, access, synthesize, document and disseminate (manage) knowledge about emergent work (including ‘best practices’ and lessons) for internal and external use.
- Develop an annual plan on Knowledge Management strategy and consult within the network on the strategic direction of knowledge and information management in consultation with Awn Network member organizations’ focal points.
- Provide quality assurance to reporting on the Awn Network’s progress and results (activities, outputs, lessons learned, and outcomes) on a regular basis and prevent the duplication of publications and printing materials among Awn Access to Justice Network member organizations again partners.
- Regularly seeks feedback from Awn Access to Justice Network member organizations and coordinating with the Planning Unit Manager and key stakeholders to evaluate relevance and effectiveness of messages and communication.
- Arrange outsourcing as necessary for services such as translations, design, printing, and video production, etc. and ensure necessary liaison with Awn Access to Justice Network member organizations.
- Plan and budget for KM activities and oversee procurement and expenditure in accordance with available resources;
- Help the Planning and Management director, in organizing the AWN meetings, activities, financial and narrative reports.
- Conduct field visits to Awn Access to Justice Network member organizations as needed
- Undertake any other related task as requested by the MPU and PBA board.
Minimum qualifications and competencies:
- Candidate must have a bachelor's degree in Media, public administration or humanities, advocacy, or any related field, from an accredited university with experience of no less than five years in coordinating, or a master's degree in the same fields with experience of no less than two years. Candidate must have experience in research work; it is beneficial for the candidate to be familiar with interpretation and analysis of statistics.
- Demonstrated organizational and technical programmatic experience for at least 3 years in knowledge management related to a rigorous national or international programme.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of communications tools including online dissemination, social media, media/press releases, publications and reports)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, conveying messages to different audiences using diverse media
- Experience in working with journalists and media networks and ability to develop, nurture and maintain existing and new media contacts beneficial.
- Ability to analyse complex information from different sources and to synthesize this information into coherent and appropriate knowledge and communication products.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent written and spoken English language, and ability to review Arabic and English printing materials produced by Awn Access to Justice Network member organizations.
- Fully computer literate - skilled and confident in using office applications such as MS office (Word, excel, power point, project), and calendar and email applications as well as familiarity with relevant information technology, website content management experience and social networking tools such as Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Proactive approach to meeting deadlines and delivering results with limited supervision.
- Ability to deal with discretion on culturally sensitive issues and to respond positively to challenges.
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills.-
- Familiarity with EU Visibility Guidelines is an advantage.
Interested candidates should send their CVs and a letter of no more than 1000 words in English describing their personal motivation for wishing to take on this challenging post, to email: email@example.com or by hand(: Ansar – Khurtoum street , beside the Ministry of Justice) .
Deadline for submission is Thursday 17.03.2016.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------