Position: National Stock Monitor x 7 positions | Project: Materials Monitoring Unit (MMU) | Place of Performance : Palestine, Gaza
Contract Duration:03 Months and 2 weeks
Starting Date: ASAP
OVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG Global is a managed service company specializing in Recruitment, Management Consultancy, Human Resources support services and Monitoring & Evaluation in post disaster and post conflict countries around the world.
CTG Global provides services to humanitarian organizations, government, non-governmental organizations and corporates that enables public and private sectors to focus on their core business and the achievement of their objectives in hostile and threatening environments as we provide a safe and secure environment for them to do so and alleviate them of their risks, crisis and personnel management problems.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
In order to facilitate the reconstruction of post conflict Gaza, the Palestinian Authority (PA) requested to establish a Materials Monitoring Unit (MMU) to monitor the entry and use of dual use items in Gaza. The MMU is a multi-disciplinary team located in Gaza that monitors the supply chain of dual-use materials. This team of engineers, quantity surveyors, stock monitors and IT experts monitor the storage facilities, suppliers, concrete processing plants, as well as repair and constructions sites. The monitoring is managed through the Gaza Reconstruction and Materials Monitoring ERP called GRAMMS which is an online tool, purpose built by our client to monitor the flow and use of ‘dual-use’ materials. The Materials Monitoring Unit (MMU) is responsible for conducting site visits to potential vendors, contractors, concrete processing plants and construction projects to monitor the flow and use of ‘dual use’ materials as required by the Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism. Data is collected through static and mobile devices and managed in a central databse capable of producing reports that satisfy the parties and donors due diligence requirements.
Role Objective: Under the direct supervision of the Senior International Monitoring Engineer, the incumbent is required to assist in the verification of the distribution and usage of selected dual-use materials into and within Gaza. This will primarily be done by the conduct of warehouse security spot checks and inventory monitoring assessments for a range of authorised vendors/contractors/batch plants within the ERP.
- Monitoring will be implemented through field visits to the authorised vendors/contractors/batch plants and through conducting warehouse inventory checks, detecting, investigating and reporting any variances between delivery notes, invoices and ERP.
- Monitoring, reviewing and reporting any missing security requirements of the authorised vendors/ contractors and batch plants.
- Advise, investigate and collect proof of any excess or shortage of materials to document any diversion/discrepancies of dual-use materials.
- Ensure the full and proper implementation of MMU processes and procedures required under Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism (GRM).
- Submit periodic reports to the MMU Senior International Stock Monitor Team. Reports are to include the results of monthly monitoring, investigations, as well as any discrepancy or deficiency raised.
- Advise vendors on GRM requirements and assist vendors to comply with ERP usage and reporting requirements.
- Monitoring the authorised vendors/contractors/batch plants through conducting systematic spot checks, run warehouse inventory, investigate shortages and excess of dual-use material and report all discrepancies/anomalies within a computerised system/database used or Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism.
- S/he will be working along with other team members of National Stock Monitors under the supervision of Senior International Stock Monitors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Supply Chain Management with 6 years of relevant discipline
- Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree in combination with other relevant qualifications.
- Previous experience in warehouse and material management.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to reconcile stock counts to report data.
- Database management skills.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Promote teamwork and enthusiasm among team members for the provision of services to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to fulfil administration tasks.
- Ability to work as a team member in multi-national and cultural environment.
- Strong professional oral communication, writing and analytical skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible professional experience in high volume supply chain/logistic operations, including experience in private industry and/or international organizations.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
- ‘Hands-on’ performer; willing and capable of building a successful team
- Personal interest, commitment, efficiency, flexibility and willingness to work in a highly motivated team of professionals.
- Attention to details.
- Judgement and decision making.
- High proficiency with computers in particulars MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and the Internet.
- High organization skills.
- Able to work efficiently with minimal direction.
- A strong work ethic; prepared to work additional hours to ensure timely delivery.
- Ability to adapt to difficult working environment, under pressure and with limited timeframes.
- Professionalism: strong theoretical background and substantive experience in all phases of international supply chain operations; ability to provide technical guidance to new/junior staff.
- Planning and Organizing: ability to plan work assignments and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines, and with minimal direction/supervision.
- Communication: excellent communication (spoken and written) skills.
- Teamwork: experience supporting team in a complex multi-national, multi-cultural environment is required.
Other Relevant Information:
- The National Stock Monitor must be mentally and physically fit.
- The National Stock Monitor must have a clean criminal record.
- All duties are performed in PPE: Safety Hat, Boots, and High Viz when visiting the projects.
- Duties may require long periods of standing.
- The incumbent is required to perform night shift duty and must have a valid driving license.
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with their application letter via e-mail to email@example.com with reference to “BHJOB2678_971” in the subject line. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------