Islamic Relief is a humanitarian INGO (www.irpal.ps)operating in Palestine in the fields of emergency relief and development. Islamic Relief announces the following vacancy for its office in Gaza.
- Title: Livelihood and Economic Empowerment (LEE) Project Officer.
Location: Gaza Office.
Duration:18 months, (Full time).
· Conduct needs assessments relating to the micro business situation of the most vulnerable groups to identify priority interventions in coordination with other key actors.
· Ensure project activities are Implemented and targets are met according to the project work plan deadlines and with the utmost sensitivity for the safety, dignity and well-being of beneficiaries.
· Conduct proper budget management and tracking throughout the duration of the project.
· Follow-up closely on project implementation schedule and ensure quick identification of delays and bottlenecks and propose solution.
· Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly result-based narrative reports to direct supervisor.
· Work closely and in a team spirit with project partners to ensure coherence of efforts, accountability, timely, and joint implementation.
· Maintain control over project budget and expenditure to ensure the effective and appropriate utilization of the fund.
Candidates must possess the following competencies:
§ University degree in business administration, economy, social development or any other related field from an accredited university
§ Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience, preferably with INGOs; in the field of business development, economic empowerment or livelihoods activities.
§ Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken).
§ Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills.
§ Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
§ Research design, data analysis, and high reporting skills.
§ Ability to network and build relations with stakeholders.
§ Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
§ Very good knowledge in MS Office applications.
§ Problem solving, initiative, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
§ Committed to Islamic Relief values and code of conduct.
§ Enthusiasm, humanity, honesty, trustworthy, sincerity, responsiveness, dedication.
§ A proven experience of effective project design, budget control and management.
How to apply
1- Interested applicants may get Job Application Form from this link: http://irpal.ps/irpal/files/app 2015.doc.
2- Applications must be completed and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Saturday, 05 March 2016.
Important notes to applicants:
· Applicants should write the job title in the email subject, any email subject without job title will not be considered.
· CVs are not accepted as an application but can be attached with the application.
· Only candidates possessing relevant experience will be short listed.
· Electronic applications returned to an email address other than the one above will not be considered.
· Incomplete applications will not be given consideration.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------