The Agricultural Development Association (PARC) is a leading Palestinian Agricultural Development Organization, established in 1983 under the name of the Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees (PARC).
Since its establishment, PARC has been efficiently engaged in Palestinian land development, water resources and environment, poverty reduction and women empowerment, olive oil marketing, as well as other crucial rural development programs.
PARC is implementing a project entitled “Improving Food Security and Enhancing Resilience in Gaza through optimized rehabilitation of agricultural infrastructure after the 2014 conflict”. The project is funded by The German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH).
The project aims to Build Back Better medium scale agribusinesses that were affected by the last 2014 offensive in the Gaza Strip. The activities of the project aims at helping targeted war affected farmers and fisheries restore their livelihoods, become more resilient to potential future shocks. Over the next 20 months, the project will be targeting 310 farmers and fisheries. Through the project, PARC will rehabilitate the greenhouses, livestock farms, and fishing tools for those farmers and fisheries. Additionally, PARC will provide other services to those farmers on the road towards making them more prepared to potential shocks and hazards.
Considering the above, and under the guidance and direct supervision of PARCs management, PARC is hiring a qualified candidate to fill the position of Project Manager in order to be responsible for overall project management, progress monitoring, coordination, budget follow up, and reporting to ensure quality implementation of the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Make sure that the scope of the project is maintained in all phases and achieving planning and make the necessary decisions assuring the relevance and effectiveness of the project as well as compliance of systems against PARC’s accountability framework and stated project procedures and objectives.
• Execute the project according to the project plan, which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project, and perform documentation review.
• Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
• Manage the project field team and ensure that they are thoroughly involved in the project planning and direction.
• Collaborate with the project team in planning, implementing and monitoring of the designated project.
• Plan and undertake regular community workshops and field visits,
• Develop high quality ToRs for consultants needed to assess while implementing the project
• Develop (together with the project team) high quality tender documents for the different activities of the project
• Keep the community involved in implementing the project through keeping the Steering Committee of the project involved
• Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
• Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
• Write progress reports and any other technical reports doomed needed to PARCs management, partners and donors
• Monitor the cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance on a regular basis
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
• Demonstrated experience of complex project management/leadership.
• Excellent written skills with proven ability and experience of developing high quality proposals and reports.
• Strong project monitoring and evaluation knowledge and practice including developing log frames, handling quantitative and qualitative data for reporting purposes.
• Understanding and experience of managing the complexities of implementing projects with institutional donor grant funding.
• Strong business skills including solid financial management skills, with attention to detail to develop and analyze donor budgets and reports, and support the financial management/monitoring.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft office programs, with highly preferable working on GIS.
• Good understanding of DRR and BBB approaches
• Analytical skills and critical thinking with the ability to research, analyze, and report.
• Highly developed interpersonal, communication and influencing skills: both written and verbal.
• Ability to work effectively with others in diverse team situations to achieve fundraising targets.
• Self-motivated, target-driven and a proactive approach to funding.
• Ability to manage time effectively, and adapt priorities to respond to changing demands
and tight deadlines, across multiple time-zones.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, agriculture, civil engineering, or other related field.
• Five years of professional experience in project management with NGO's, preferably in the same field.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates can submit the following documents to email@example.com
o Cover Letter.
o The most recent CV including 2 professional references.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email as Project Manager.
Deadline for submitting applications 9 Jan 2016, no later than 16:00 p.m.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------