Position Title: Project Field Supervisor | Period: one year with possibility to extension | Starting date: As soon as possible
The Agricultural Development Association (PARC) is a leading Palestinian Agricultural Development Organization, established in 1983 under the name of the Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees (PARC). Since its establishment, PARC has been efficiently engaged in Palestinian land development, water resources and environment, poverty reduction and women empowerment, olive oil marketing, as well as other crucial rural development programs.
PARC is implementing a project entitled “Improving Food Security and Enhancing Resilience in Gaza through optimized rehabilitation of agricultural infrastructure after the 2014 conflict”. The project is funded by The German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH).
The project aims to Build Back Better medium scale agribusinesses that were affected by the last 2014 offensive in the Gaza Strip. The activities of the project aims at helping targeted war affected farmers and fisheries restore their livelihoods, become more resilient to potential future shocks. Over the next 20 months, the project will be targeting 310 farmers and fisheries. Through the project, PARC will rehabilitate greenhouses, livestock farms, poultry farms and the business of fisheries. Additionally, PARC will provide other services to those farmers on the road towards making them more prepared to potential shocks and hazards.
Considering the above, and under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager, PARC is hiring a qualified candidate to fill the position of Project Field Supervisor in order to be responsible for the qualitative, quantitative and timely implementation of the project activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Field Supervisor will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Ensure maximum engagement of community members, leaders and partners CBOs during the different phases of the project
• Supervise the Design and prepare all required forms for all project implementation stages.
• Lead the process of devising a participatory and transparent beneficiaries selection approach in the targeted communities
• Collect any relevant information from the communities and partners.
• Conduct damage and technical assessments for war affected farmers including greenhouses, livestock and poultry farms and fisheries
• Establishing rehabilitation plans for benefiting farmers using the BBB approach concepts and tools
• Conducting extension visits to benefiting farms and provide technical and managerial advises to benefiting farmers
• Review projects activities and providing critical analysis of projects strengths, weaknesses and risks.
• Report on various components of the project.
• Plan (daily and weekly) the field activities, supervise Field Workers and any potential contractors and ensure a follow-up of the different activities regarding the agreed planning, guideline, and required quality of the works
• Ensure that all measures have been taken and rules followed to ensure security on-site;
• Support and participate to the other activities of the project team when required.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
• Demonstrated experience of agricultural projects especially greenhouses, livestock farms, poultry farms and fisheries.
• Experience in public engagement and community participation.
• Good understanding of DRR and BBB approaches
• Good Knowledge and standard practices of project monitoring and evaluation, including handling quantitative and qualitative data for reporting purposes.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
• Highly developed interpersonal, communication and influencing skills: both written and verbal.
• Ability to work effectively with others in diverse team situations.
• Self-motivated, target-driven and a proactive.
• Ability to manage time effectively, and adapt priorities to respond to changing demands
and tight deadlines, across multiple time-zones.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in agriculture (agronomy) or other related field.
• At least three years of experience in agricultural projects’ implementation and management preferably with NGOs.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates can submit the following documents to email@example.com
o Cover Letter.
o The most recent CV including 2 professional references.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email as Technical Coordinator.
Deadline for submitting applications 30/01/2016, no later than 16:00 p.m.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------