The Culture and Free Thought Association “CFTA” was established in 1991 as an independent organization playing a leading role in developing a Palestinian civil society that is based on promoting the rights of children, youth and women in the Gaza Strip.
CFTA is a development non-governmental organization which, in emergency situations, also provides humanitarian assistance.
CFTA is currently seeking a mental health project coordinator to support the organization develop and implement an effective results for the mental health unit at CFTA In partnership with MdM
Location: CFTA main office in Khan Younis and its 5 centers
Contract period: 5 months (Full time)- service contract
- PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
- A.1 Planning, implementation and follow-up of activities
- To ensure the planning, implementation and follow-up of MHPSS activities in due time by the technical team (Psychologists and Social Workers).
- To assess the progress of current psychosocial programs and their relevance in relation to the objectives set (follow-up of indicators)
- To maintain a clear schedule of technical and emotional supervision sessions for MHPSS Teams and CFTA Managers, and ensure the communication of any change (of the schedule) in the centres with MdM Team in a timely manner.
- A.2 Data collection, reporting and communication flow
- To collect monthly data from MHPSS Teams in CFTA Centres (5 centres), centralize the data, and report to MdM MH team in due time (per agreement with MdM).
- To centralise and supervise the elaboration of internal reports (operational aspects of the project) and report to MdM in due time;
- To ensure information and communication flow between the technical teams, the support departments and MdM.
- To organize regular team meetings, to discuss and assess the improvement of the program and propose modifications and solutions when needed.
- A.3 Team support
- To assist and support the technical and managerial team in the preparation of psychosocial activities and action plans (preparation of ToRs, training materials, training methodology, and elaboration of reports).
- To facilitate the coordination between Admin, logistics dept and Centre Managers to make sure that all the logistical and administrational needs and procedures are met for scheduled trainings and are there on time.
- To anticipate, centralize and ensure the logistical, administrative needs of the project in line with the internal regulations.
- To assist CFTA managers in identifying training needs for the technical team members and in organizing in-jobs, internal and external trainings.
- To represent CFTA in the MHPSS Working Group Meetings (Protection Cluster) on regular basis (once a month)
- To support CFTA in the elaboration of new MHPSS projects (need assessments, preparation of concept note, and preparation of proposals…)
- To envision and suggest initiatives to improve the functioning of CFTA psychosocial activities.
- To support MdM MHPSS Team in the elaboration and implementation of technical recommendations for the projects
- QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree or preferably Master degree in administration, psychology or social work (Advanced degree in Public health with mental Health Managerial experience)
- Minimum of 5 years’ Experience in working with NGO/INGO in MHPSS projects.
- Human Resources management skills (Human resources Management. ability to create an environment, which encourages teamwork. Proven ability to inspire confidence in and build relationships with partners
- Program planning, budgeting and monitoring skills (Program Development: Comprehensive experience in program/project management. Proven capacity to generate ideas, assess political and social environment, develop and implement relevant strategies and projects. )
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (Communication Skills: Excellent fluent written and verbal English and Arabic. Ability to communicate sensitively and assertively with stakeholders. Proven capacity to negotiate and maintain relationships)
- Advanced Computer skills
Please send your CV and a covering letter in English by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission :Wednesday, 20January 2016
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------