Job Description : The Center for Mind-Body Medicine (CMBM) is a non-profit, 501 (c) (3) Washington, DC-based educational organization dedicated to transforming the practice of healthcare and health education.
The CMBM model combines the precision of modern science with the wisdom of the world’s healing traditions, to help health professionals heal themselves, their patients and clients, and their communities.
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine (CMBM) is currently seeking a PROGRAM ASSOCIATE to support its CMBM Gaza team. This position provides administrative and logistical support to the Program Director in the implementation of the CMBM programs in Gaza & West Bank, This is a fulltime position.
Duration: one year (renewable upon budget availability)
CMBM Director- oPt, The Center for Mind-Body Medicine in Gaza.
Successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience: self-directed, independent worker; professional interpersonal and communication skills; flexibility and poise in dealing with diverse individuals and organizations; ability to handle stress; capacity to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously; detail-oriented; ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information; ability to effectively manage time; use of electronic mail software, and internet research abilities, ability to work under pressure and more than the office hours .
-A good-natured, cooperative attitude is required and a great sense of humor is appreciated.
-Willingness to work occasional overtime and infrequently on holidays/weekends.
-Must have excellent command in English.
-Excellent skills on proposal writing and project management
-Excellent report writing and English &Arabic
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to CMBM director and staff.
-Coordinate the local implementation of mind-body skills groups, workshops, clinical supervision and training programs.
-Coordinate the distribution and collection of research data and questionnaires in coordination with Research Director.
- Conduct field visits on a regular basis to the different project sites to ensure that activities are being implemented according to the project work plan and in compliance with monitoring and evaluation tools.
-Act as a liaison and disseminate information between the CMBM Director, Program coordinator, support staff, the local partner organizations and program participants and with other external agencies and organizations.
-Maintain regular communication with and between staff, partners and program graduates with focus on building a sustainable network of local mental health caregivers
-Prepare, collect and submit status reports or information required by main office and funders when needed.
- Ensure the quality of the monthly reports from the psychosocial project coordinators.
-Assist in the development and implementation of local public awareness and outreach efforts.
-Prepare Word documents, Excel Spreadsheets, PowerPoint Presentations, budgets, e-mails, letters, e-newsletters, faxes, and other documents, as well as internet research.
-Clerical and administrative support for the team, including scanning, photocopying, database entry, appointment scheduling, supplies management, and paper and electronic document filing.
-Screen mail, email, and phone correspondence and provide appropriate customer service in responding to correspondence including making follow-up phone calls/emails to answer inquiries and to assist in program’s global outreach to important contacts.
- Facilitate and support project related trainings/workshops for staff and volunteers
-Arrange travel, lodging, and itineraries for national and international meetings and programs.
- Participate in strategy development of program initiatives or special projects
- Uphold the highest ethical standards of integrity, fairness, and confidentiality in all relationships as a colleague.
-Provide technical support on (Gender Based Violence, Child Protection and Psychosocial Support) to the psychosocial project coordinators and project field teams.
-Ensure effective communication channels with CMBM staff.
-Assist (as needed) with development/fundraising proposals and budgets.
-Preparing monthly action plans.
-Conducting field visits to supervise and monitor the work in the Project.
-Submitting quarterly and final project reports.
-Facilitating any difficulty that might arise during the project implementation.
- any other duties as assigned.
- University degree in English language, business administration, social science or any related field.
- Minimum (five) years related experience in working for an International NGO.
- Highly organized, obsessively attentive to detail, and committed to producing high-quality work 100% of the time.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent report and proposal writing.
- Experience of designing, keeping and working with accurate computerized data and manual records.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and good knowledge of statistical software.
-English language: Fluency in English and Arabic (spoken and written)
If interested, please send cover letter, resume C.V., and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CMBM is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about CMBM, please visit our website at www.cmbm.org.
Deadline for submission is Dec 15, 2015. No phone inquiries accepted,
In your cover letter mention at least three professional references covering last two jobs.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------