Introduction: Uiversity College of Applied Sciences (UCAS) has received a grant from Oxfam GB, under the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA) funded project entitled: "Economic Recovery in the Gaza Strip: Promoting Choice, Resilience and Dignity- Phase II".
This project aims to increase participation in user-driven market systems for female and male small and medium-scale producers, processors and entrepreneurs in the Gaza Strip. Accordingly, UCAS seeks the selection and employment of a “Business Start-up Incubation Coordinator” to oversee the implementation of the incubation activities in the project.
UCAS is considering the selection of a highly qualified “Business Start-up Incubation Coordinator” to be part of the project staff responsible for the business start-up incubation activities in the Project under the supervision of the Project Coordinator and in full cooperation with the project technical consultant. The “Business Start-up Incubation Coordinator” reports to the Project Coordinator.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The “Business Start-up Incubation Coordinator” will be responsible for implementing all activities relating to the following tasks in full cooperation with the project staff:
1. Organize, plan and direct the resources available for the business start-up incubation process.
2. Contribute technically to the success of the incubated business start-ups.
3. Provide technical support in market analysis by identify prospective clients and facilitate the relevant relationships in such a manner as to cultivate the sustainability of the incubated business start-ups.
4. Communicate the value of the incubatees’ products and/or services to the appropriate stakeholders.
5. Support the development of an enabling environment for the incubation process.
6. Report and brief management on the status of the incubation process and challenges to the success of the process at periodic intervals.
7. Propose practical solutions to overcome obstacles that arise in the incubation process.
8. Prepare and submit quarterly incubation program progress reports.
9. Prepare and facilitate of workshops and meetings.
10. Participate in evaluation and monitoring of tenants progress at all stages of the project.
Qualifications & skills:
- Bachelor degree in business administration, economics, engineering, or any relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience preferably in a coordination role and in business advisory to new and existing businesses.
- Strong planning and coordination skills.
- Very good communication skills.
- Very good technical reporting skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Project Management Software
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders and others contracted in the course of work
- Fluency in English and Arabic(written and spoken)
Place of work:
The “Business Start-up Incubation Coordinator” will work in UCAS buildings.
The duration of the contract is 4 months (full time based), and it is renewable subject to needs and availability of fund.
Interested consultants can apply through UCAS Website (career.ucas.edu.ps). The closing date for application is 18 October 2015.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------