Oxfam Italia is an independent NGO established in Italia (Arezzo) at the beginning of the 70s and now working in more than ten developing countries.
Oxfam Italia is born from the experience of UCODEP, an Italian NGO for over 30 years committed in the struggle against poverty and injustice. Oxfam Italia is the Italian member within the Oxfam International Confederation, the fourth international coalition in the world specialized in humanitarian aid and development programmes.
Economic and gender justice, access to basic services, active citizenship and governability, as well as humanitarian aid are the axes that guide Oxfam Italias intervention, coherently with the values of justice, human dignity, democracy, solidarity, engagement and simplicity.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
The Gaza Urban and Peri-urban Agriculture (G/UPA) project aims at the institutional, socio-economic and technical development of a strong sub-sector of (market oriented) urban and peri-urban agriculture in the Gaza Strip with an overall project objective that will increase income and employment of small-scale men and women urban and peri-urban agriculture producers in Gaza as well as of service providers and other market actors) that deal with small scale producers. It will do so through a facilitated pro-poor, business oriented and empowering zero-distribution approach, emphasizing the development /strengthening of small-scale producer groups, service-input providers and other local chain platforms as three of the key market players/chain actors.
- Coordination of overall activities in annual plan in order to achieve improved quantity and quality of production, processing information management and establishment of effective, equitable and sustainable linkages to the market (output 1)
-Providing direct support to targeted beneficiaries in order to improve production and processing technologies that are linked to the market demand in close cooperation with the VCDS Marketing and Business Specialist;
- In coordination with the rest of Local Gaza Team (LGT) be responsible for organizational development and capacity building of supporting service/input delivery groups and/or micro-enterprise;
- Gather information on past and current projects on Urban and Peri-Urban Agriculture (UPA) and selected Value Chains;
- Support research on quality control and standards, cold storage, improved processing and packaging techniques and materials in the selected chains
- Facilitate the awareness raising, information and capacity development of service suppliers in quality control, improved storage and processing, packaging and labeling; support development of information materials
- Support/ readjust project interventions in line with markets changes in the Gaza agricultural system identifying systemic market changes and constraints that need to be addressed
- Identify and facilitate the formation of service/input delivery groups and/or business associations of micro-enterprises for the selected value chain.
- Engage with service/input delivery groups and/or business associations of micro-enterprises in Participatory Technology Development (PTD) processes for innovation of their service delivery practices as well as for learning and exchanging technical insights and experience among different groups and micro-enterprises with the support of the Project Management Unit (PMU);
- Coordinate the activities of different service/input delivery groups and/or business associations of micro-enterprises in the same or different food and value chains and facilitate their participation in specific local platforms for UPA;
- Coordinate and link-up with training organizations to build different capacities of in organizational issues, market analysis, access to micro-credit, value chain development and business development from a producer point of view;
- Assist service/input delivery groups and/or business associations of micro-enterprises in getting represented in the G/UPA Platform;
- Facilitate and/or conduct action research in relevant technical topics and development of UPA service/input delivery groups and/or business associations of micro-enterprises, as well as facilitating or conducting action research concerning value chains and management to improve products or processes;
- Advise service/input delivery groups and/or business associations of micro-enterprises about improved and relevant UPA inputs, products and techniques that could enhance their production and marketing efforts;
Qualifications, skills and competencies
- A strong project manager, capable to facilitate complex processes by building an efficient working environment, conducive to the achievement of highly challenging expectations and results.
-At least 5 years working experience; minimum 2 years in project management; experience including management of partner relations, multi-cultural teams, financial budgets, donor relations as well as proven competency in external representation.
- First degree or equivalent in relevant discipline
-Experience with Dates & Dairy value chain analysis and development is a must;
-Experience in identifying technical and management solutions to value chain performance and access to finance along the selected value chains;
-Very well organized and capable to manage his/her own time with minimum supervision;
-Good reporting skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills;
-Fluency in English and Arabic languages (written and spoken) is a must;
-Proactive aptitude in terms of planning and coordination with different bodies; target oriented and problem solving attitude;
-Experience in team building, conflict resolution, ensuring participation, promoting mutual respect and active listening;
-An active commitment to promoting gender equity and business development to marginalized people;
-Excellent IT skills on MS Office applications;
Interested candidates should send their CV, the details of 3 people who will serve as professional references, letter of motivation, all in English/Arabic, before 30th Sep 2015 to:email@example.com
Please specify in the subject: VC Development Specialist_SDC_name_surname
Candidates will be short-listed according to their CVs coherence with the required profile. Only selected candidates will be called for interviews and selection tests.
please, do not submit your application if your skills and qualifications dont comply with the required ones. This will facilitate and speed up the selection process.
Oxfam Italia promotes equal opportunity for its job vacancies and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy and medical condition.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------