Terms of Reference : Advanced Pattern Design Trainer (APDT) مدرب تصميم باترونات متقدمة
Education to Work Transition Project
Quality Improvement Fund
Institution: Palestine Technical College – Deir El Balah
Project Title: Fashion Design & Dress Making Dept. Development (FDDM)
تطوير تخصص تصميم الأزياء وصناعة الملابس
Palestine Technical College, Deir El-Balah, “PTC-DB” has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF)-Ministry of Education and Higher Education and Funded by the World Bank, to implement the project entitled "Fashion Design & Dress Making Dept. Development". In the frame of this project, PTC-DB seeks the selection and employment of a highly qualified Advanced Pattern Design Trainer (APDT) to work as part of the training team responsible for developing the professional capacity of the academic staff in the fashion design and dress making department as well as labor from the private sector.
PTC-DB is considering the recruitment of a qualified APDT for the purpose of delivering an intensive advanced training course in the field of Pattern Design & Construction especially for men's and women's garments. Special emphasis shall be dedicated to the teaching of pattern design skills for men's garments including Jacket, Shirt and Trousers (a complete suit). The intended training course shall be given to a group of trainees consisting of academic staff members from the department of fashion design at PTC-DB as well as labor from the local private sector of the fashion industry. APDT will be mainly responsible for developing the training material which will be used as the main reference for the trainees during the course. The requested training course shall consists of 40 contact hours to be delivered within a period of 2 weeks starting from 1st October 2015 till 15th October 2015.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The successful APDT candidate will be required to carry out the following tasks under direct supervision of the project manager:
1. Preparing a detailed outline (syllabus) of all the topics that will be covered during the course.
2. Preparing an educational material containing detailed explanation of each training session with clear illustrations of all the steps that need to be followed by the trainees to conduct the experiments.
3. Monitoring and evaluation of the performance of the trainees during each training session and ensuring the successful delivery of the intended learning outcomes to the trainees before the end of the course.
4. Assigning a project to be completed by each trainee in order to be used as a performance measurement criteria during the grading process.
5. Following all the academic guidelines of PTC-DB with respect to attendance commitments, training and supervision.
1. At least a Diploma degree in Fashion Design, Pattern Design & Making, Architecture Engineering, Fine Arts, Home Economics or any other related fields.
2. At least five years of professional experience in the field of Pattern Design & Construction for men's and women's garments.
3. At least two years of working experience as a trainer.
4. Ability to utilize different teaching methods to easily develop strong pattern making skills for a variety of men's and women's fashion models.
5. Excellent computer, technical and creative drawing skills.
6. To be proficient at designing and making conventional and industrial patterns for all kinds of fashion models and garments using both hand and computer.
7. Proven ability to transform new fashion models into drawn patterns.
8. Excellent communication and team working skills.
A successfully delivered intensive advanced training course in Pattern Design & Construction consisting of 40 contact hours including a course outline, an educational material, as well as the projects assigned for the trainees during the course.
Place of work:
The successful APDT trainer will be working at the PTC-DB buildings.
Contract Type: Lump Sum contract
Interested qualified applicants are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter via email to:
Subject title: FDDM-PTCDB_FHCAD. no later than 13th September 2015
This position is open for applicants from Gaza Strip, the West Bank, or Overseas.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviewed
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------