GVC Gruppo di Volontariato Civile is an Italian based international NGO operating in oPt since 1992, and providing support to the people living in the West Bank and Gaza.
GVC works in cooperation with national and international organizations, institutions and authorities in order to provide immediate responses to the critical needs and to the long term and sustainable solutions in order to improve the community development.
GVC has a great experience in interventions on the WASH sector.
GVC - Gaza Office is currently looking for qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Position Title: WASH Research Coordinator
Contract Duration: 4.5 months - full time contract
Commencement: 16th of August
Location: Gaza Strip
Salary: According to the GVC terms of employment for local staff
The project is to assess the WASH conditions at household level in the Gaza Strip identifying the real status of drinking water, domestic water, wastewater, solid wastes, hygiene and public health, in order to provide with a real needs analysis and priority lines of intervention.
The project will be implemented by GVC in partnership with the Palestinian Hydrology Group (PHG), and guided by the WASH Monitoring Group (WASH-MWG) of the WASH Cluster in Gaza Strip.
Under the direct supervision of the Gaza Area Manager and with support of the Field Coordinator, the WASH Research Coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Planning and monitoring the Assessment Cycle in line with the project objectives and outcomes.
- Monitoring the implementation process and ensuring that the activities are performed within the time framework and meeting the quality of the required outputs.
- Reviewing the indicators of the WASH assessment in coordination with the WASH-MWG and other stakeholders.
- Preparing and updating the action plans, flagging up achievements and analyzing constraints.
- Designing the required questionnaires, and reviewing the sample size and the selection criteria of each locality.
- Training the social teams on data collection and data management.
- Coordinating the surveys of social teams in the field, and conducting regular field visits to monitor the work process.
- Identifying the problems at the field level and finding possible solutions.
- Managing and analyzing the data collected from the field and the information gathered from the Partner Agencies, Institutions and Local Authorities.
- Analyzing bias and to plan crosscheck and controls.
- Collaborating with other WASH assessment projects to ensure the complementary of the project.
- Coordinating for and attending all the required meetings and workshops with stakeholders and diverse actors involved in the WASH sector.
- Contributing to the development of WASH HNO 2016 conceptual framework.
- Reporting on daily and weekly basis the implementation process status to the Area Manager and/or the Emergency Coordinator.
- Presenting research results, both orally and in writing, to various internal and external audiences.
- Developing and manage the project budget and oversee project expenditure.
- Drafting the final assessment report ensuring high-quality data management and analysis standards.
Qualifications and Competences:
- University degree in a relevant field: WASH, social science, gender, statistics.
- Proven minimum 6 years experience in WASH projects, assessment surveys, statistical analysis and social works from a gender approach.
- Proven experience in the projects coordination and management.
- Proven experience in managing numerous and complex teams.
- Good knowledge about the WASH situation in the Gaza Strip.
- Previous experience with the international and local NGOs.
- Advanced level in English and Arabic language, both written and spoken.
- Excellent skills in reports writing.
- Excellent computer skills.
- High communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Hard worker, team player and goal oriented.
- Flexible and well organized.
- Able to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Able to react quickly to change situations and take initiatives.
- Security, political and cultural aware.
Interested candidates should send their CV along with a cover letter, both in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10/08/2015.
Please indicate the reference WASH Research Coordinator in any correspondence. Only the motivated applications that meet the required qualifications and competencies will be considered.
Due to the urgency to fill the position, GVC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above mentioned deadline.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------