Social Worker (2 positions) | National Society For Rehabilitation NSR, Located in Gaza Strip, Occupied Palestinian Territories, is a non-profit association, registered by the Palestinian Authority, founded in 1990 under number 2095 dated 1993.
NSR is one of the main Community-Based Rehabilitation Program (CBRP) creators and providers in the Gaza Strip; Which this program aims to promote and to activate the role of Persons with Disabilities PWDs in improving their quality of life.
Within its partnership project implemented and support by Handicap International HI entitled ‘Post-emergency intervention to provide essential multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services to the most vulnerable women, men and children in Gaza’ funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs Trade and Development – Canada. The project aims at improving access of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and Persons with Injuries (PwIs) to post emergency basic services and to quality multidisciplinary functional, psychosocial rehabilitation and specialized services, in order to maintain and/or develop best functional abilities possible and consecutive inclusion in family and community life.
NSR is currently looking for two qualified candidates to fill the positions of Social Workers; one will be based in Khan Younis, and the other will be based in Middle Gaza Governorate.
Duration: 12 months, (The first three months are a trial period), with possibility of extension upon availability of fund.
Starting Date: 1st September, 2015
Under the supervision of Outreach Team Supervisor, the Social Worker (SW) will work in NSR in order to conduct assessment of the social needs of the PwDs and PwIs, identify existing sources available to meet the client’s need, refer the beneficiaries towards needed service upon their needs & demands, facilitate the coordination of the Referral Network at the governorate level that would enable early detection and early intervention and liaison plentiful stakeholders around the vulnerable groups to ensure a maximized access to their needed services to PwIs, PwDs and fulfill the following responsibilities:
1. Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Be present at NSR to register, assess clients’ social needs and direct them towards the adequate rehabilitation, medical, basic services in the community that would ensure equalization of their opportunities and integration in the society.
- Conduct field visits to shelter locations and homes of PwDs and PwIs in order to assess PwDs / PwIs needs for the identification of project beneficiaries.
- Assess physical and social environment of the client in order to identify obstacles and facilitators and to make realistic plan of intervening on them according to the assessment form.
- Coordinate with the Team Supervisor and other outreach team members in setting up the intervention / therapy plan for the PwIs and PwDs to ensure a multidisciplinary approach in services planning and delivery.
- Facilitate internal and external referrals of identified PwDs and PwIs.
- Map the existing resources in the community (services, funds, programs, human resources) that could be activated / mobilized to support clients and their families’ increased access to needed services.
- Ensure users and their representatives’ involvement in project activities and follow up.
- Participate in the technical trainings that Handicap International will conduct in order to improve the team members’ intervention quality with beneficiaries of project services.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by HI during working with project beneficiaries.
- Follow up and coordinate for the NSR referral network with relevant stakeholders in North Gaza
- Organize and participate on monthly referral network meetings between NSR and other stakeholders in the governorate.
- Report on the referral network indicators, challenges to NSR and HI on monthly basis.
- Support the Information Officer in entering the data of assessed PwDs and PwIs and other vulnerable groups using HI & Partner’s data base forms.
- Report Team Supervisor using the monitoring tools and reports’ forms on weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- A minimum university degree in Social Work in addition to CBR training.
- A minimum of 5years’ experience, preferably working with PwIs and PwDs.
- Very positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent networking and coordination skills
- Advanced understanding to stakeholders in the target area.
- Strong command of spoken and written English
- Excellent Computer Skills ( Excel , PPP, Word)
- Excellent teamwork skills and spirit
3. Application Process:
Interested candidates may send their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by Wednesday 19th August, 2015.
Please include the job title as Social Worker in the subject line of your application e-mail.
NSR and HI are equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities PwDs.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------