Psychologist (2 positions) | National Society For Rehabilitation NSR, Located in Gaza Strip, Occupied Palestinian Territories, is a non-profit association, registered by the Palestinian Authority, founded in 1990 under number 2095 dated 1993.
NSR is one of the main Community-Based Rehabilitation Program (CBRP) creators and providers in the Gaza Strip; Which this program aims to promote and to activate the role of Persons with Disabilities PWDs in improving their quality of life.
Within its partnership project implemented and support by Handicap International HI entitled ‘Post-emergency intervention to provide essential multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services to the most vulnerable women, men and children in Gaza’ funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs Trade and Development – Canada. The project aims at improving access of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and Persons with Injuries (PwIs) to post emergency basic services and to quality multidisciplinary functional, psychosocial rehabilitation and specialized services, in order to maintain and/or develop best functional abilities possible and consecutive inclusion in family and community life.
NSR is currently looking for two qualified candidates to fill the position of Psychologist; one will be based in Khan Younis, and the other will be based in Middle Gaza Governorate.
Duration: 12 months, (The first three months are a trial period), with possibility of extension upon availability of fund.
Starting Date: 1st September, 2015
Under the supervision of Outreach Team Supervisor, the Psychologist will work in NSR in order to provide psychological support services for PwDs & PwIs and to fulfill the following responsibilities:
1. Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Be present at NSR to assess mental functions, emotional status and social development of Persons with Disabilities PwDs and Persons with Injuries PwIs, to determine the level and the type of cognition, perception and behavior deficiency as well as the strength and capacities, to assess their social environment and their social interactions.
- Design individual and group psychological support sessions and / or interventions that would contribute to the evolving capacities of PwDs and PwIs to the realization of the dignified life of them.
- Conduct home visit PwDs, PwIs to assess the needs and provide support to those who have registered their need for assessment and support purposes.
- Coordinate the other outreach team members in setting up the intervention / therapy plan for the PwDs, and other vulnerable groups in a multidisciplinary approach.
- Coordinate with groups of PwIs and PwDs and facilitate their implementation to psychological support peer to peer sessions.
- Participate in the technical trainings that HI will conduct in order to improve the team members’ intervention quality with PwIs and PwDs.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by HI during working with PwIs and PwDs
- Report to NSR, using the agreed monitoring tools and reports forms on daily/weekly/monthly and quarterly basis. .
- University degree in psychology, Mental Health, Counseling and related fields
- At least 3 years of work experience.
- Proven advanced knowledge and experience in implementing psychosocial support services at community level, preferably with PwDs and PwIs.
- Sign Language knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to contribute and work within a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Open and flexible.
- Experience in training, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong command of English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken).
- Computer skills (Word, PowerPoint…).
3. Application Process:
Interested candidates may send their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by Wednesday 19th August, 2015.
Please include the job title as Psychologist in the subject line of your application e-mail.
NSR and HI are equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities PwDs.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------