Physical Therapist (2 positions) | National Society For Rehabilitation NSR, Located in Gaza Strip, Occupied Palestinian Territories, is a non-profit association, registered by the Palestinian Authority, founded in 1990 under number 2095 dated 1993.
NSR is one of the main Community-Based Rehabilitation Program (CBRP) creators and providers in the Gaza Strip; Which this program aims to promote and to activate the role of Persons with Disabilities PWDs in improving their quality of life.
Within its partnership project implemented and support by Handicap International HI entitled ‘Post-emergency intervention to provide essential multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services to the most vulnerable women, men and children in Gaza’ funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs Trade and Development – Canada. The project aims at improving access of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and Persons with Injuries (PwIs) to post emergency basic services and to quality multidisciplinary functional, psychosocial rehabilitation and specialized services, in order to maintain and/or develop best functional abilities possible and consecutive inclusion in family and community life.
NSR is currently looking for two qualified candidates to fill the positions of Physical Therapists; of one will be based in Khan Younis, and the other will be based in Middle Gaza Governorate.
Duration: 12 months, (The first three months are a trial period), with possibility of extension upon availability of fund.
Starting Date: 1st September, 2015
Under the supervision of Outreach Team Supervisor, the Physical Therapist (PT) will work in NSR in order to conduct assessment of the needs to physical therapy services, conduct PT sessions, and follow up visits to PwIs and PwDs and fulfill the following responsibilities:
1. Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit PwIs and PwDs in their homes who have registered their need to PT services for assessment and support purposes.
- Coordinate with the NSR outreach team members in setting up the intervention / therapy plan for the PwIs and PwDs and other vulnerable groups when needed.
- Conduct trainings to families/caregivers of beneficiaries on home basic follow up exercises and ensure PT exercises are implemented after discharge.
- Use the physio-tool resources and share with beneficiaries, their families and caregivers according to their needs.
- Respect and implement the quality criteria system that will be trained on by HI during working services’ beneficiaries.
- Participate in the technical trainings that Handicap international will conduct in order to improve the team members intervention quality with services’ beneficiaries.
- Report to NSR Team Supervisor, using the monitoring tools and reports forms on daily weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- A minimum university degree in Physical Therapy
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably in the rehabilitation of PwIs and PwDs.
- Very positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong command of spoken and written English
- Excellent Computer Skills ( Excel , PPP, Word)
- Excellent teamwork skills and spirit
3. Application Process:
Interested candidates may send their CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 19th August, 2015.
Please include the job title as Physical Therapist in the subject line of your application e-mail.
NSR and HI are equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities PwDs.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------