Outreach Team Supervisor (2 positions) | National Society For Rehabilitation NSR, Located in Gaza Strip, Occupied Palestinian Territories, is a non-profit association, registered by the Palestinian Authority, founded in 1990 under number 2095 dated 1993.
NSR is one of the main Community-Based Rehabilitation Program (CBRP) creators and providers in the Gaza Strip; Which this program aims to promote and to activate the role of Persons with Disabilities PWDs in improving their quality of life.
Within its partnership project implemented and support by Handicap International HI entitled ‘Post-emergency intervention to provide essential multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services to the most vulnerable women, men and children in Gaza’ funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs Trade and Development – Canada. The project aims at improving access of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and Persons with Injuries (PwIs) to post emergency basic services and to quality multidisciplinary functional, psychosocial rehabilitation and specialized services, in order to maintain and/or develop best functional abilities possible and consecutive inclusion in family and community life.
NSR is currently looking for two qualified candidates to fill the positions of Outreach Team Supervisors of one will be based in KhanYounis, and the other will be based in Middle Gaza Governorate.
Duration: 12 months, (The first three months are a trial period), with possibility of extension upon availability of fund.
Starting Date: 1st September, 2015
Under the supervision of NSR Director and Technical General Supervisor, the Outreach Team Supervisor will work in NSR in order to manage the day to day implementation of project activities by the multidsciplinary outreach team and fulfill the following responsibilities:
1.1 Project Implementation:
- To set up and manage the day to day activities of the outreach team according to the project plan and ensure that all actions envisaged are undertaken in an organized and systematic manner in support of HI Project Team.
- Support the outreach teams in setting their intervention plans in line with the project indicators and field needs.
- Organize the assessment, provision of rehabilitation services and referral of people with disability and injury.
- Ensure Team’s training to families and caregivers on basic rehabilitation exercises and proper using of resources and informative materials.
- Support the outreach teams to organize home visits to people with disability and injury according to the project identified services criteria.
- Ensure that the outreach team understand their responsibilities and are using the appropriate assessment tools to identify, meet the multidisciplinary rehabilitation needs and follow up with the beneficiaries.
- Support, follow-up and supervise the work of the outreach team and ensure services’ quality criteria respect.
- Coordinate all referrals of beneficiaries towards relevant services in collaboration with the social worker and HI Disability Mainstream Officer.
- Facilitate HI Project Team field work and technical support to the outreach teams and
- Coordinate with HI and the appropriate stakeholders to ensure members are receiving the required support to identify target beneficiaries and their families, assess their needs and to ensure these means are provided; organize and implement trainings when required
- Other activities related to project activities implementation as per the needs
- Cooperate with CBRP officers in Middle Area and in KhanYounis.
1.2 Human Resources Management:
- Manage 5 multidisciplinary outreach team members ( Physical therapist – Occupational Therapist – Psychologist – Speech Therapist and Social Worker)
- Manage the Information Officer
- Provide Support to the outreach team and Information Officer to fulfill their work in respect to the project action plan
- Ensure Team’s consideration to the services quality criteria and conduct field follow up and support visits.
- Support the Team in setting up the weekly plans and ensure qualitative and quantitative indicators are achieved.
- Enhance the multidisciplinary approach in services provision through facilitating weekly coordination meetings with the Team in order to review progress and set common therapeutic goals and intervention plans by the different members / disciplines.
- Ensure all team’s services are provided in a professional and ethical manner
- Support the Social Worker and Information Officer to collect and share information on services across Gaza Strip
- Supervise and support the Social Worker to coordinate for Referral Network activities and monthly meetings in North Gaza.
1.3 Reporting and Coordination:
- Collaborate with HI and the other project partners’ Team Supervisors across Gaza Strip to ensure coordinated implementation of activities in all locations.
- Ensure that all donations made are accompanied with a signed donation certificate.
- Maintain accurate records of activities and assessments conducted, support and services provided, and referrals made.
- Ensure all reports are provided to NSR Director and HI Team on weekly bases respecting the agreed forms.
- Apply the project monitoring tools on quarterly basis and report results to NSR Director and HI.
- Propose timely changes and recommendations as relevant to meet project objectives and plan.
- Write case studies and success stories on beneficiaries and activities of the project
- Use various communication means (written, spoken, etc) during activities to ensure effective inclusion of all participants
- Maintain a very positive image of NSR at all times and under all circumstances.
- A minimum university degree in management, administration or other humanitarian field
- Background in medical and paramedical sciences.
- A minimum of 5years’ experience in project coordination and management , preferably in the field of disability
- Very positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong command of spoken and written English
- Excellent Computer Skills ( Excel , PPP, Word and Access)
- Proven successful team player previous experience
3. Application Process:
Interested candidates may send their CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 19th August, 2015.
Please include the job title as Outreach Team Supervisor in the subject line of your application e-mail.
NSR and HI are equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities PwDs.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------