Information Officer (2 positions) | National Society For Rehabilitation NSR, Located in Gaza Strip, Occupied Palestinian Territories, is a non-profit association, registered by the Palestinian Authority, founded in 1990 under number 2095 dated 1993.
NSR is one of the main Community-Based Rehabilitation Program (CBRP) creators and providers in the Gaza Strip; Which this program aims to promote and to activate the role of Persons with Disabilities PWDs in improving their quality of life.
Within its partnership project implemented and support by Handicap International HI entitled ‘Post-emergency intervention to provide essential multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services to the most vulnerable women, men and children in Gaza’ funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs Trade and Development – Canada. The project aims at improving access of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and Persons with Injuries (PwIs) to post emergency basic services and to quality multidisciplinary functional, psychosocial rehabilitation and specialized services, in order to maintain and/or develop best functional abilities possible and consecutive inclusion in family and community life.
NSR is currently looking for two qualified candidates to fill the positions of Information Officers; one will be based in Khan Younis, and the other will be based in Middle Gaza Governorate.
Duration: 12 months, (The first three months are a trial period), with possibility of extension upon availability of fund.
Starting Date: 1st September, 2015
Under the supervision of Outreach Team Supervisor, the Information Officer will work in NSR in order to manage the compilation of all records of the project and the database.
1. Main duties and Responsibilities:
• To help in compiling project services beneficiaries’ information using different provided databases.
• To collect the information sheets (assessment and follow up forms) from outreach team members, add coding and insert the required information in specific database,
• To guarantee the accuracy and quality and confidentiality of the inserted information by:
- Input of new information in a timely manner
- Regular cross-checking of the information to avoid gaps, overlap or duplication
- Maintenance and update of the data according to needs.
• Archiving Hard copies papers related to the data entry process according to the instructions provided by HI Information & Database Officer.
• Follow-up on the referral of beneficiaries to other service providers and partners in coordination with Team Supervisor and Social Worker.
• Use Access program along with Excel to strengthen the database and the information output when needed and advised by HI Information & Database Officer.
• Support the team members to correctly complete all documentation (assessment forms, donation certificates, referral forms, daily activity register, monthly reports, … etc)
• Support the team members to type and format case studies on beneficiaries and activities of the project
• Write regular activity and progress reports on the database development and analysis of collected information.
• Assist the outreach team in monitoring tools filling and results analysis, report it to the Team Supervisor on regular basis as agreed in the action plan.
• Maintain a positive image of NSR at all times and in all circumstances.
• A minimum University degree in IT, Data Management.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in database development, data entry and management (eexperience in managing data in different format Word, Excel, Access … etc., excellent data Entry quality and Accuracy).
• Accurate keyboard skills and proven ability to enter data at the required speed.
• Knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Very good in using Microsoft office and email.
• Good reporting skills
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Good attention to details.
• Very positive communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong command of spoken and written English.
3. Application Process:
Interested candidates may send their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by Wednesday 19th August, 2015.
Please include the job title as Information Officer in the subject line of your application e-mail.
NSR and HI are equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities PwDs.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------