National Society For Rehabilitation NSR, Located in Gaza Strip, Occupied Palestinian Territories, is a non-profit association, registered by the Palestinian Authority, founded in 1990 under number 2095 dated 1993.
NSR is one of the main Community-Based Rehabilitation Program (CBRP) creators and providers in the Gaza Strip; Which this program aims to promote and to activate the role of Persons with Disabilities PWDs in improving their quality of life.
Within its partnership project implemented and support by Handicap International HI entitled ‘Post-emergency intervention to provide essential multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services to the most vulnerable women, men and children in Gaza’ funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs Trade and Development – Canada. The project aims at improving access of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and Persons with Injuries (PwIs) to post emergency basic services and to quality multidisciplinary functional, psychosocial rehabilitation and specialized services, in order to maintain and/or develop best functional abilities possible and consecutive inclusion in family and community life.
NSR is currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill this position and to work in Gaza office.
Duration: 12 months- Full Time, with possibility of extension upon availability of fund.
Starting Date: 1st September, 2015
Under the supervision of NSR Director, NSR Finance Admin Officer and with technical support of Handicap International Support Services Team the Accountant will work in NSR in order to fulfill the following responsibilities:
1. Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Recording and Bookkeeping of financial transactions includes payments, receipts and other journal entries.
- Monitor expenditures to ensure budget control.
- Verify all payment requests and ensure compliance with the project budget.
- Prepare payment requests and get the needed approvals. This entails control of supporting documentation for vouchers/invoices and checking for correctness of expenditure lines and budget project codes against which the payment requests are issued.
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, in compliance with the financial obligations stated in the signed partnership agreement obligations.
- Provide Logistic support and conduct procurements (obtain validated purchase requests, collect quotations, prepare summary bid analysis, and issue purchase orders) in accordance to established policies and procedures.
- Ensure the complete & well translation of all supportive documents as well as invoices and receipts into English
- Work closely with the Team supervisor Budget Holder& HI for monthly budget follow up , propose budget reallocations , cash forecast and other issues related to purchases.
- Prepare staff work contracts, amendments of the project team contracts as required.
- Update staff work contracts and the service provision contracts follow-up sheet on a monthly basis and report it to the Budget Holder& HI
- Follow up staff attendance sheet and ensure that the process for taking paid leaves of the project staff, sick leaves; is respected (documents filled, validation of the concerned persons).
- Maintain up to date archiving system for the project accountancy, financial reports, SPCs and staff work contracts (both soft and hard copies).
- B.A degree in accounting.
- From Gaza city
- At least 2 years of experience in project accounting.
- Excellent experience in the usage of computers, Microsoft office software packages, and advance knowledge of spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
3. Application Process:
Interested candidates may send their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by Wednesday 19th August, 2015.
Please include the job title as Accountant- Full Time in the subject line of your application e-mail.
NSR and HI are equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities PwDs.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------