Position: Support Services Manager | Responsible to: Gaza Field Coordinator | Location: Gaza Strip | Closing date: 22nd July 2015
Job Type: Full Time
With over 30 years of experience, Handicap International (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization, currently active in 60 countries, working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. It works alongside people with disabilities (PwDs) and vulnerable populations, taking action and bearing witness in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI has been present in the Middle East since 1987 and currently operates in Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine, with a regional office based in Amman, Jordan, and field offices in each country. In Palestine, HI has been active since 1996 and works in both Gaza and West Bank, through several projects funded by the European Commission (EC), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Luxembourg (MOFA Lux), the Canada Department of Foreign Affairs Trade and Development (DFATD), the French Development Agency (AFD), OFID (OPEC foundation), Swiss Solidarity, and Caritas Germany. The annual budget of the mission for 2015 is more than 2.5 million Euros, and it employs more than 50 nationals and 4 international staff, distributed among 3 offices (East-Jerusalem, Ramallah and Gaza).
Under the responsibility of the Gaza Field Coordinator, the Gaza Support Services Manager (GSSM) will implement and follow up the administrative, financial, human resources, logistics and legal frame of Handicap international mission in Gaza office.
To ensure that the site legal framework is respected and that the HI administrative framework and the rules specific to the mission are applied, with the constant aim of defending the associations interests and ensuring the correct utilization of resources.
S/he Main tasks will include:
-Administrative procedures with authorities as focal point for legal issues in Gaza (ensure that the formalities required by local legal laws & institutions are completed on time, registrations for staff, visas etc).
-Administrative management of the office & other premises in Gaza: Supervise the management of the contracts for the work premises, its renewal, ensure that all the necessary contractual documents existing are followed up by the team and consequently archived, and ensure its circulation to the coordination office. Follow with the Logistics team the needs analysis, and the choice of buildings (office, warehouses). Negotiation of the conditions; pre-validate the leases and send to coordination office for final validation. Monitor insurance issues.
-Management of support service staff: coordination & distribution of thier activites, its actualization follow up including set up indivisual action plans, implementation of individual appraisals, support and daily guidance to their activities with on the job trainings when required, draft training needs for its team members, coordinate and facilitate the exchanges of the members of the team with external interfaces.).
-Ensure the administrative management of HI Human Resources in Gaza (participate in the set up and implementation of human resources policies in Gaza: Appraisal, training, salary scale & promotion, recruitment, Non-discrimination, conflict management , reporting of abuse, protection of staff), supervise the implementation of the terms of employment & internal regulations for the national staff and site-specific terms and conditions of engagement for the international staff at Gaza level. Responsible of all contractual documents of HI employees in Gaza and implementation of updates of the contracual documents.
-Ensure management of the financial resources:
1) Budget (responsible to draft the office support costs budget, its follow up & revision with proposition of reallocations to decrease the level of own funds, train the project teams on budget work and support them whenever needed, circulate monthly budget follow ups and share with the project managers for follow up and analysis).
2) Draft budget breakdown and administrative annexes of any proposals on Gaza site and submit it for validation, prepare donor reports and admin & log annexes as required.
3) Cash follow management: ensure with the finance team the proper management of the management of the office cashboxes & bank accounts, Gaza office monthly treasury needs forecast consolidation including support to budget holders to elaborate their monthly cash needs and supervise the operation of transfers.
4) Ensure the commitment of expenditures procedures are followed and respected by all teams, and as well explaining it when necessary mainly for the new arrivals, as well support the Project Managers in a explaining the supply chain process.
5) Accountancy: Validate the site monthly accountancy (control the entries in Excel sheets, control the accounting documents & analytical allocations, sign the cash inventory and bank reconciliation, and crosscheck the monthly cash flow verification table and the table accountancy, control the payments operation, supervise the proper filling, and the transmission of originals on monthly basis to the coordination office).
-Partners: Ensure that financial and institutional framework is respected with and by HI local partners. Monitor the financial follow up process: ensure that the support team is controlling properly the accountancy of the partner in close collaboration with the budget holders and following the monthly update of the partner database & pre validate it before sending it to the coordination office Supervise the proper filling of all partnership agreements & annexes, amendments, validate any financial reports and sign up the grant transfer request. Update PMs about the level of expenses reported by the partner; propose reallocation and amendments.
-Capacity building: Supervise and support the finance team to provide recommendations to the partners regarding the eligibility of financial documents, bank receipts, and budget follow up of advances. Support the finance team in the initial assessment of admin and finance capacities of HI potential new partners in the Gaza strip and in conducting participatory needs assessment on trainings with the existing partners & do regular field visits, implement on the job trainings to the partners to ensure they fulfil the requirements of the partnership with HI.
-Supervise that all contractual documents existing are followed up on and consequently archived (Commercial, lease/rental, consultancies, HR, logisticsetc) and circulated to the coordination office.
-Ensure with the logistics the implementation of the mission logistics package & guidelines on Gaza site, ensure the implenetation of the policy for commitment of expenses and purchase procedures, proper allocation of assets & monitoring of inventory & equipment follow up. Supervise with the logistics the travels and vehicle fleet management within Gaza site. Support the logistics team in ensuring that communication (movement and security) is properly done within and outside Gaza under the management of the Gaza FSO. Control the logistic files and databases on monthly basis to ensure its up to date and well monitored and completed as per HI procedures and report on to the coordination office.
-Any other tasks required by the line manager or needed for the running of the projects.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Must have at least Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or any other relevant social sciences.
- Ability to work under pressure in an unstable and changing environment, Flexibility, ability to take initiatives and make decision.
- Ability to work independently, without constant supervision.
- Ability to support, delegate, control, and train
- Conflict management skills
- Time management & strong organizational skills.
- Diplomatic skills.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Leadership and Team management skills: Lead and positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions after consultation with management which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, efficiently anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods.
- Advanced knowledge of the accounting, HR, financial, and logistics processes.
- Advanced budget management, financial monitoring tools including donor reporting formats.
- Capacity to formalize tools and procedures.
- Strong ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Capacity to formalize tools and procedures.
- At least 7 years experience in similar positions with International NGOs preferable.
- Should be aware to the needs of vulnerable groups.
- Must have valid driving licence at least for three years.
Initial contract will be for a period of 12 months with extension possibility and the position is based in Gaza.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter before the 22nd July 2015 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------