Islamic Relief is a humanitarian INGO (www.irpal.ps) operating in Palestine in the fields of emergency relief and long-term development. Islamic Relief announces the following vacancy for its office in Gaza.
Title: Project Assistant
Duration of Contract:09 months,full time.
Deadline for Receipt Applications:Thursday, 25 June 2015
Background about project and position
Islamic Relief, in partnership with the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), is implementing a three-year Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and Labour Market (LM) project in the Gaza Strip. The overall objective of the project “Enhancing Youth Employability in the Gaza Strip’’ (EYE) is to contribute to a unified TVET and LM system that provides youth with good quality labour market relevant skills and effective employment services as well as the local economy with the required skilled labour force.
The EYE project will achieve its objectives through a combination of TVET institution building, human resource development, curricula development and labour market initiatives.
For centers of competence (CoC) and Curriculum development (CD) interventions, we are looking for a project assistant to support the project coordinator according to the following details:
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Assist the project coordinator in conducting the short courses in the CoC.
· Review and edit all technical training materials developed by EYE Project
· Assist the project coordinator to implement short training courses within CoCs
· Assist the project coordinator in all trainings and workshops conducted under CD/CoC components
· Prepare and fill-up the templates of the training manuals and training evaluation.
· Support the design of internal forms, checklists and guidelines for implementation and management of the components activities.
· Assist in development of communication materials such as presentations and articles.
· Support the project coordinator in developing progress reports.
Candidates must possess the following competencies:
· University degree in Civil engineering or related field;
· 2 years’ Experience in project management and coordination;
· Dedication and commitment to work;
· Good command of written & spoken English language skills;
· Commitment towards the aims of EYE project and TVET sector;
· Good IT skills including Word, Excel;
· Ability to work flexibly and as part of a team;
· Good communication skills.
· Technical reporting skills.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunity employer
How to apply
1- Interested applicants may get Job Application Form from this link: http://www.irpal.ps/app.doc
2- Applications must be completed and returned to email@example.com no later than Thursday, 25 July 2015.
Important notes to applicants:
· Should write in subject of email the position title you are applying for.
· Electronic applications returned to an email address other than the one above will not be considered.
· CVs are not accepted as an application but can be attached with the application.
· Only candidates possessing relevant experience will be short listed.
· Incomplete applications will not be given consideration.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------