Project Technical Consultant - University College of Applied Sciences – Gaza Strip
Terms of Reference
Project Technical Consultant
University College of Applied Sciences (UCAS) has received a grant from Oxfam GB under the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA) funded project entitled: "Economic Recovery in the Gaza Strip: Promoting Choice, Resilience and Dignity- Phase II". This project aims to increase participation in user-driven market systems for female and male small and medium-scale producers, processors and entrepreneurs in the Gaza Strip. Accordingly, UCAS seeks the selection and employment of a Project Technical Consultant to support the implementation of the project.
UCAS is considering the selection of a highly qualified Project Technical Consultant to be part of the administrative staff responsible for the overall implementation of the project activities under the supervision of the Project Coordinator. The Project Technical Consultant will report to the Project Coordinator.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The Project Technical Consultant will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
1. Provide technical inputs into the selection process of the project’s target group.
2. Participate in designing and implementing the advertising campaigns and outreach activities, by designing targeted marketing tools based on an analysis of the target groups’ preferences and locations.
3. Provide technical inputs into the implementation of the incubation program activities.
4. Follow up the work progress with startups, and provide with business development advice
5. Hold meetings with regional and international incubators to exchange the experience and transfer knowledge on best practices.
6. Provide technical inputs into the implementation of the technical training program for ICT graduates.
7. Provide technical inputs and guidance into the implementation of the Job Advisory Centre (JAC) activities, in addition to providing support for a smooth exit strategy to the JAC, based on relevant regional and international best practices.
8. Prepare ToRs for the selection of external consultants, trainers and programmers whenever needed.
9. Ensure the delivery and quality of the expected outcomes from external consultants, trainers and programmers
10. Actively supervise and participate in the workshops and events held by the project.
11. Participate in solving the obstacles facing the progress of the project.
12. Prepare progress reports as required.
Qualifications & skills:
- Bachelor degree in ICT, management or any relevant field. Master degree is preferable
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in entrepreneurship field
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in consultation field is a preferable
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders and others contracted in the course of work
- Strong planning and team work skills
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken)
Place of work:
The Project Technical Consultant will work in UCAS buildings.
The duration of the contract is 8 months (part time based), and it is renewable, based on availability of funds.
Interested consultants can apply through UCAS Website (career.ucas.edu.ps). The closing date for application is Monday, 11 May, 2015.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------