Islamic Relief is a humanitarian INGO (www.irpal.ps)operating in Palestine in the fields of emergency relief and development. Islamic Relief announces the following vacancy for its office in Gaza Strip.
Title: Technical Assistant.
Location: Gaza office.
Type of Position: Full time.
Deadline for Receipt Applications:Wednesday, 22April2015.
About the position:
The PC Technician’s role is to support and maintain computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment, ensuring optimal workstation and network performance, and troubleshoot problems areas in a timely and accurate fashion.
Main Duties of Technical Assistant:
· Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
· Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
· Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
· Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
· Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
· Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
· Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports.
· Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
· Assistance in troubleshooting and monitoring of network problems.
· Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
· Manage the PBX configuration to ensure proper functionality of land lines, and internal extensions.
Candidates must possess the following competencies:
· College diploma in related field.
· Minimum two years of proven relevant working experience in similar fields.
General skills required for the position:
· Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including Microsoft platform.
· Excellent technical Knowledge in Network Administration with Windows Domain Services.
· Hands-on Software / hardware troubleshooting experience.
· Extensive equipment support experience with PC’s.
· Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
· Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
· Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and guides.
· Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken).
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to networkunder pressure.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunity employer
How to apply
1- Interested applicants may get Job Application Form from this link: http://irpal.ps/irpal/files/app 2015.doc.
2- Applications must be completed and returned to email@example.com no later than Wednesday, 22 April 2015.
Important notes to applicants:
· CVs are not accepted as an application but can be attached with the application.
· Only candidates possessing relevant experience will be short listed.
· Applicant should write the position title in the email subject.
· Electronic applications returned to an email address other than the one above will not be considered.
· Incomplete applications will not be given consideration.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------