Program: United Palestinian Appeal Mental Health Pilot Program | Position:Gaza Mental Health Practitioner
United Palestinian Appeal is seeking several mental
health practitioners for a pilot program that will focus on the delivery of education and psychosocial support to a select group of kindergarteners and their caregivers who are experiencing symptoms of trauma caused by war and the daily living conditions in Gaza.
This pilot program will use a trauma-informed system of care to provide support to kindergartners and those who have direct and ongoing interaction with them. This includes the child's family members, teachers, and peers. A trauma-informed system of care is one in which programs, agencies, and service providers:
(1) routinely screen for trauma exposure and related symptoms;
(2) use culturally appropriate evidence-based assessment and treatment for traumatic stress and associated mental health symptoms;
(3) make resources available to children, families, and providers on trauma exposure, its impact, and treatment;
(4) engage in efforts to strengthen the resilience and protective factors of children and families impacted by and vulnerable to trauma; (5) address parent and caregiver trauma and its impact on the family system;
(6) emphasize continuity of care and collaboration across child-service systems; and
(7) maintain an environment of care for staff that addresses, minimizes, and treats secondary traumatic stress, and that increases staff resilience (Source: The National Child Traumatic Stress Network http://www.nctsn.org/resources/topics/creating-trauma-informed-systems).
This position will require practitioners to complete client assessments, develop treatment plans, and provide appropriate treatment services and education to the kindergartner and their families and/or caregivers. Practitioners will receive training and supervision in a number of areas, including, trauma-informed model of care, childhood development, and documentation, to ensure delivery of quality services to these children and their families. The pilot program is slated to last one school year with an expansion to an ongoing program at the end of the pilot period.
Candidates for the position must meet the following qualifications:
-Have a Bachelors degree (Masters preferred) in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology.
-Be fluent in Arabic and have conversational fluency in English
-Have a minimum of 2 years in-field experience providing psychosocial support to children or adults.
-Be from or living in Gaza
-Have an understanding of ethical considerations when working with children and trauma survivors.
-Have an understanding of the importance and practice of client confidentiality.
-Have an understanding of trauma and the effects of trauma on individuals and families.
-Have an understanding of the stages of childhood development.
-Be familiar with community resources.
-Have experience with documentation and report writing.
Other non-required qualifications:
-Experience gathering assessment information.
-Experience working with young children.
-Experience with group facilitation (selection of group members, planning group activities, and group facilitation).
-Experience providing individual therapy.
To apply ,please click Online Application
Questions regarding this job posting should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
United Palestinian Appeal, Inc. (UPA) www.helpupa.org is an American registered 501 (c) (3) non-profit, non political and non religious organization with headquarters in Washington DC and activities in Palestine, Jordan and Lebanon. It strives to contribute to the long-term socioeconomic and cultural development of Palestinian societies particularly in the West Bank, Gaza and the Palestinian refugee camps the Middle East. UPA's areas of focus are healthcare, education and community and economic development.
Established in 1978 UPA is the oldest Palestinian-American Non-profit organization working to support Palestinians. Throughout the years UPA has allocated over $75 million for projects and programs in the West Bank, Gaza and Palestinian Refugee camps in the region
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------