Community Media Center (CMC) | "It is Not Just Documentaries" Project | Short Term Job Opportunity-Advocacy Mobilizer
The Community Media Center (CMC) is an independent nongovernmental organization based in Gaza. CMC was established and started working at the beginning of 2007 through an initiative from a group of activists in the civil and media work. The center aims to promote and activate Palestinian media role towards humanity issues, and to highlight it through different means of media, aiming to help creating suitable opportunities to solve them and to improve the living conditions, through working on many projects which contribute achieving an active Palestinian media representing the Palestinian community issues.
CMC is implementing " It is Not Just Documentaries” project, funded by HR/IHL Secretariat. The project aims to document youth issues, to attract the decision makers' attention to get them aware of these issues, and to involve relevant stakeholders in solving these issues. In addition to document the violations that made by the Israeli military towards people in the Gaza strip during the latest aggression (July –August 2014).
Under this solicitation, CMC seeks to hire the services of an advocacy expert to conduct an outreach and advocacy campaign with relevant local, regional and international stakeholders and communicate the documentaries in order to mobilize stakeholders toward holding Israel accountable to its actions.
The Advocacy mobilizer is responsible for:
1. Preparing advocacy campaign plan to be implemented locally and internationally.
2. Coordinating and contacting with local and international institutes in order to achieve the aims of the campaign plan.
3. Coordinating and contacting with local, regional and international media to release and publish the documentaries and related materials which discuss the campaign issues.
4. Preparing press releases needed for the campaign about the issue.
5. Reporting to CMC director including the preparation phase and implementation phase.
Qualification and Skills:
Proven track record in advocacy (if possible also lobbying) work including strategic development of such:
1. Experience in the design and implementation of campaigns.
2. Experience with coordination of advocacy work in a large organization with several field offices.
3. Sensitivity to organizational dynamics and structures.
4. Familiarity with other International movements and actors and their advocacy activities to support Palestinians.
5. Understanding of differences in the needs to effectively prepare advocacy messaging to both national and international audiences and target groups.
6. Intercultural skills in order to adequately assess the necessary messages, the style and tools to convey them to both Palestinian and international target groups and stakeholders.
7. Fluency in English and Arabic.
How to apply
Interested persons should send a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before May 4, 2015. Please, make “Advocacy Mobilizer” the subject of your email.
The cover letter should explain with concrete examples how the candidate meets the above-mentioned requirements and detail relevant previous work experience.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------