The Culture and Free Thought Association “CFTA” was established in 1991 as an independent organization playing a leading role in developing a Palestinian civil society that is based on promoting the rights of children, youth and women in the Gaza Strip.
CFTA is a development non-governmental organization which, in emergency situations, also provides humanitarian assistance.
CFTA is currently seeking a Fundraising and External Relations Officer to support the organization develop and implement an effective fundraising and outreach strategy, the position is funded by GIZ
Location: CFTA main office in Khan Younis and its 5 centers
Contract period: One year (Full time)
- Participate in developing a fundraising and outreach strategy for CFTA that embraces CFTA’s approach and philosophy and communicates its messages.
- Work closely with CFTA Deputy Director and relevant team members to raise the profile of CFTA for the upcoming three years.
- Support in developing collaborative communication and relationships with stakeholder group including donors
- Contributes practical and innovative ideas to help CFTA achieve its strategic goals
- Support to the CFTA Deputy Director to develop project proposals and submit grant applications
- Updating the CFTA external relations database and follow up on partners and budgets
- Production of annual and periodical reports including projects reports and documentation of success stories.
- Attending relevant external and internal meetings/workshops
- Enhance the skills of CFTA staff by providing the training and coaching needed for the best use and implementation of the fundraising and outreach strategy
- At least a BA in a relevant field At least three years practical experience in the area of fundraising, external relations and outreach
- Track record in successful concepts and proposal writing and reporting to major institutional donors, particularly the EU
Essential skills and competencies
- Ability to identify opportunities and generate creative solutions
- Pro-active in exploring new external relationships
- Excellent professional and technical writing skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Have sound knowledge of Project cycle management, budgeting and financial procedures
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both languages
- Knowledge of participatory development methods
- Knowledge of the different approaches and accountabilities required for different types of funder
- Excellent computer skills
- Innovative, flexible and proactive personality
- Excellent team work competencies and confidently demonstrating a coaching approach in working with others
- Hard worker and results-oriented
- Ability to handle work stress, time pressure and difficult situations efficiently
- Willing to travel in the field, spending extra working hours and possibly working during weekends
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Please send your CV and a covering letter in English by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission :Wednesday, 18March, 2015
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------