Vacancy Announcement | Gaza Sub-Delegation | Econimic Security Field Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. It takes action in response to emergencies and at the same time promotes respect for international humanitarian law and its implementation in national law.
Your Job (main tasks)
• Act as a source of information, be aware of socio-political situation and keep information up-to-date.
• Assist and advise the Ecosec delegate in relevant fields including, culture, politics and economy
• Brief interlocutors and beneficiaries on ICRC mandate and activities.
• Interpret and translate with accuracy from Arabic to English and vice-versa.
• In coordination with the delegate, build, maintain and develop contacts with key stakeholders, interlocutors, communities and humanitarian agencies.
• Participate to ICRC dissemination sessions as requested by the line manager.
• Participate and contribute to the objectives of the Economic Security Department.
• Assess and document the needs of the conflict affected population, in particular with regards to livelihoods, draw relevant conclusions and formulate recommendations for an ICRC response.
• Write project proposals in coordination with the EcoSec Delegate.
• Prepare in a timely manner project documentation as per internal guidelines, provide regular and ad-hoc reports and statistic analysis.
• Apply clear criteria to identify and select beneficiaries.
• Supervise the implementation of the projects.
• Process and analyze data generated from monitoring forms as required, and participate in impact evaluations.
• Have a transversal, collaborative and coordinated approach to tasks with other ICRC departments.
• As required, support the Emergency Response focal point for small-scale house destructions;
and in the scale of a larger conflict, participate as a key member of the ICRC team in a coordinated Movement response.
• Respect and comply with ICRC financial rules and procedures at all times
Your Profile (skills & experience required)
• University Degree or Master’s Degree ideally in Engineering or Agronomy.
• 3 - 5 years’ work experience preferably in implementing Livelihoods and Agricultural projects.
• Proven abilities in project cycle management.
• Very good knowledge of written and spoken English, should be comfortable and efficient at writing email, reports and proposals in English
• Very good computer skills, good analytical skills , and good knowledge of geographically assigned environment.
Your Benefits (employment conditions)
- Contemporary remuneration and generous social benefits
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter and a résumé, both in English,
a personal passport size photo and any relevant diplomas and certificates to:
ICRC Gaza Sub Delegation, Al-Rimal Shuhada St. 56/706, Gaza
Attn. Mariana VILPOUX, Administrator
Tel: 08-2822644 / Fax: 08-2828884 / E-mail: GAZ_HR@icrc.org
Deadline to submit your application: Thursday 12th March 2015
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with a Ministry will not be selected.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
* Proper CV`s will be kept within the ICRC archive for one year only
*The ICRC strongly encourages individuals with disability who fulfil the basic requirements to apply
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------