COMMUNICATION &ADVOCACY OFFICER | The Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees (PARC) is a leading Palestinian Agricultural Development Organization that was established in 1983.
Since its establishment, PARC has been efficiently engaged in Palestinian land development, water resources & environment, poverty reduction and women empowerment, olive oil marketing, as well as other crucial rural development programs.
JOB PURPOSE: To support, develop and deliver analysis, advocacy and policy activities related to PARC activities in Gaza, playing an active role in making PARC a much more influential voice.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Assist Advocacy Department in Designing, planning and implementing advocacy strategy and campaigns for PARC actions.
- Develop analysis and gather information on the local, national context, in order to inform PARC advocacy programmes.
- Provide policy/advocacy support, training and capacity building to PARC partners and staff
- Develop and maintain a network of peers, partners and key stakeholders to inform context analysis and coordinated effective work
- Inform programme staff of relevant advocacy and policy work undertaken by PARC and provision of timely analysis of relevant political developments on an international and localy levels to the programme team.
- Provide technical support to programme staff and partners to deliver strategic advocacy/ influencing work and deliver on programme advocacy commitments
- Input on policy/ advocacy components of project proposal design, budgets and reporting to donors
- Produce high-quality reports and other materials for internal and external use
- Work with media /communications and policy/advocacy partners to identify needs and to develop shared advocacy strategies and products
- Support advocacy and campaigning efforts during emergency crises.
- Coordinates production of a diverse range of information products (including audio/visual communications).
- Drafts communications and advocacy material for PARC, including newsletters, reports, promotional materials, and talking points for senior managers.
- Evaluates results and impact of communications activities and reports on actions. Establishes metrics for evaluating impact.
- Builds information networks and develops outreach activities.
- SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- A university degree in human rights; law; political science; journalism or any other related field.
At least 2 years of experience in the advocacy field or other related fields.
- Excellent command in writing and speaking English.
- Good IHL/IHRL background.
- Proven capacity in networking and federate actors around a common objective.
- Proven ability in developing and implementing advocacy strategies.
- Experience of using media to further advocacy and campaigns objectives.
- Planning, Communication, reporting skills ,Problem solving and Negotiation skills.
- Ability to conceptualize, design and implement major information & advocacy campaigns;
- Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources.
-Qualified candidates with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV’s by email to email@example.com with the cover letter no later than 25th. March 2015
Note: Please ensure that you state the title of the position that you are applying for as subject of your email otherwise it will not be considered
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------