The Society of Women Graduates (SWG) is a Local NGO, non-profit organization Founded in 1974 in the Gaza Strip. SWG mission is to work towards developing and empowering women graduates in Palestine and fostering their capabilities.
SWG aspires to achieve this mission though implementing training programs, educational and awareness building programs and employment generation programs devised in cooperation and coordination with local, regional and international organization.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POST
The Fundraising and Resources Development Coordinator plays a key role in SWG as he/she will help the organization grow to scale and impact it’s programs. The post‐holder is responsible for developing, delivering and reporting on SWG’s fundraising and outreach strategy that covers three main areas: mapping, lobbying and actual applying for funds and mobilizing them.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main function of the Fundraising and Resources Development Coordinator is to raise funds for SWG. This will involve the following tasks:
1) Develop and implement an effective and ethical three-year fundraising and outreach strategy for SWG that articulate practical and innovative ideas strategies for alternative resources for long‐term sustainability of SWG and effective resource mobilization.
2) Prepare annual plans (including performance indicators) for the fundraising and follow up their implementation; in line with the SWG fundraising and outreach strategy
3) Donor mapping through compiling and maintaining a simple database of international and local donor organizations.
4) Work towards raising funds for SWG’s activities (generation of innovative ideas, applying, following‐up and receiving funds).
5) Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the vision, mandate and work of SWG.
6) Arrange meetings with prospective and existing donors to provide briefings on the organization and its activities.
7) Lead the process of generating new prospects and gain new donor commitments based on an effective identification of needs and areas of support for SWG interventions in line with its mandate.
8) Develop and write concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission.
9) Organize and provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events and opportunities for SWG.
10) Report to the Executive Manager and the Board on fundraising and outreach strategy and annual plans.
§ University degree in management, business administration or marketing or other relevant field, preferably Master's degree.
§ At least three years of practical experience in the area of strategic development and fundraising experience (including donor management, identification and liaison and proposal writing)
§ Proven track record of successful fundraising (success in preparing concepts, grants applications and proposals to a diversified pool of donors).
§ Knowledge of project cycle management.
§ Sound knowledge of the current funding and business environment in Palestine at large and the Gaza Strip in specific including donors that are presently funding projects.
§ Familiarity with sources of funding for projects/programs related to SWG areas of practice.
§ Knowledge of fundraising cycles, proposal formats and application procedures for key donors, including Logical Framework Analysis.
Education and Experience
§ Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English and Arabic.
§ Energetic, flexible and adaptable in his/her approach
§ Innovative and proactive personality
§ Well organized with attention to details, initiative and good judgments, accountability and administrative competence
§ Excellent team work and communication skills
§ Hard worker and results-oriented
§ Able to handle work stress, time pressure and difficult situations efficiently
§ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
§ Extensive computer skills (especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and the Internet).
Skills and key competencies
Location: SWG office in Gaza city
Contract period: One year (Full time)
Please send your CV and a covering letter in English by Email to email@example.com
SWG is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for submission :Thursday, 26 February 2015.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------