The United States Department of State in cooperation with AMIDEAST West Bank/Gaza is pleased to announce that applications are currently being accepted for the 2016‐2017 FULBRIGHT FOREIGN STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
AMIDEAST West Bank/Gaza is pleased to announce the Fulbright Foreign Student Program for 2016‐ 2017. Established by the US Congress in 1946, the Fulbright Program was founded to foster mutual understanding among nations through educational and cultural exchange.
Palestinians in the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) and Gaza Strip are invited to apply for Fulbright scholarships for graduate study in the United States for the 2016‐2017 academic year. Funding will be granted for two years of study in a Master’s program. Fulbright Scholarships will be awarded to applicants who demonstrate
academic excellence, leadership qualities, and a commitment to improving cross‐cultural relations through international exchange.
Applications are encouraged from students meeting ALL of the below criteria:
• Demonstrate spoken and written English documented by a minimum score of 78 IBT/547 PBT on the TOEFL or ITP exams;
• GRE or GMAT test scores – test scores or test registration confirmations, as applicable, must be submitted. (see below)
• Received a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 78%, 2.7 or Very Good;
• Minimum 1 year work experience;
• Legal resident of the West Bank, East Jerusalem, or Gaza Strip; must be a resident at the time of the application and during the entire selection and placement process to be eligible; Israeli passport holders should apply at the Fulbright Commission in Tel Aviv;
• Eligible for J‐1 Exchange Visitor Visa (No U.S. passport holders or permanent residents);
• Employees of AMIDEAST or the US CONSULATE GENERAL IN
JERUSALEM are not eligible, nor are their immediate family members.
Application must include:
1. TOEFL/ITP test score (minimum score of 78 IBT/547 PBT) If ITP score is submitted, TOEFL test registration confirmation must ALSO be included. TOEFL test registration confirmation date must be before July 1, 2015.
For more information on test dates and locations, contact AMIDEAST.
2. GRE or GMAT test scores (if available). Candidates who are provisionally selected for the Fulbright scholarship must take either the GRE or the GMAT, as appropriate, and obtain a satisfactory score before they can be placed with a university.
3. Official undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree certificate AND final transcripts in both English and Arabic.
4. Three letters of recommendation from university professors
5. Official TOEFL Score report
6. Summary of work experience (CV)
7. One recent photo (Passport Photo)
8. Copy of passport and ID (Hawiyya)
Deadline to submit an application: June 1st, 2015
For more information, contact AMIDEAST or complete the online application from the AMIDEAST website at: www.amideast.org
Al-Watanieh Towers, 1st Floor
34 El-Bireh Municipality Street
Tel.: 02-240-8023 ext 300
Omar Mukhtar St. No.8/704
Bseiso Building, 8th Floor,
Opposite the Arab Bank of Rimal
Tel.: 08-282-4635 ext 105
Chamber of Commerce Bldg, 1st Floor,
Al-Zahra Street, Jerusalem
University Commercial Center, 2nd Floor
Hebron University Street, Hebron
Trust Building, 3rd Floor
Amman Street, Nablus
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------