Islamic Relief is a humanitarian INGO (www.irpal.ps)operating in Palestine in the fields of emergency relief and development. Islamic Relief announces the following vacancy for its office in Gaza Strip.
Type of Position:Full time
Deadline for Receipt Applications:Saturday, 28.February 2015
1. Strategic planning of media work for Fundraising.
2. Plan specific media events, press conferences and photo calls to gain coverage for IRPAL issues.
3. Proactively identify and map opportunities for promoting IR campaigns and projects work in the media.
4. To co-ordinate the dissemination of information from IRPAL.
5. Write, proof and edit articles for a range of media.
6. Write press releases under general supervision of CD.
7. Responding promptly and efficiently to media enquiries.
8. Cultivate links with journalists and other key media persons.
9. Contacting journalists and other media actors in order to gain coverage for IR campaigns, projects and other key news areas.
10.Use all relevant new media opportunities to proactively disseminate the work of IRPAL.
11.To help projects staff of IRPAL in the coverage dissemination of information about their projects.
12.Manage the IRPAL media database.
13.Monitor and evaluate IRPAL coverage in the media.
14.Supervise volunteers involved in media work.
15.Occasionally address public meetings on IRPAL and its work.
16.Ensure the provision of all visibility requirements in the field.
17.To coordinate the design & print promotional material such brochures, calendars etc.
18.To coordinate the production of various promotional videos on behalf of IR.
19.Maintain the archives of news on IRPAL & video material from HQ.
20.Follow up and closely coordinate with IRW and partners.
Candidates must possess the following competencies:
· A bachelor degree from an accredited University.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in communication & Media work, preferably in international NGOs.
General skills required for communication officer position:
· Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken).
· Excellent skills in word processing design and publishing applications.
· Use the modern technical media equipment’s.
· Report writing and case studies for media coverage.
· Brochures and printed documents Design for media purposes.
· Ability to work with people from different backgrounds and nationalities.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunity employer
How to apply
1- Interested applicants may get Job Application Form from this link: http://irpal.ps/irpal/files/app 2015.doc
2- Applications must be completed and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org later than Saturday, 28.February.2015.
Important notes to applicants:
-CVs are not accepted as an application but can be attached with the application.
-Only candidates possessing relevant experience will be short listed
- Applicant should write the position title in the email subject.
- Electronic applications returned to an email address other than the one above will not be -considered.
-Incomplete applications will not be given consideration.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------