Vacancy Announcement - Project Coordinator - The Institute For development Studies - Gaza
Deadline : Monday 02 February 2015 – 04:00 PM
General Information Job :
Project Name : New Perspectives to Legal Reform and Justice Development in the Palestinians Landscape ( RU'A)
Project Theme : Capacity Building, Advocacy, Policy Dialogue and analysis, Oversight & Accountability, Community Mobilization .
Job Location: Gaza City
Job Duration: 12 Months .
Salary : 750 $
Job ID/Title : Project Coordinator .
Languages Required : Arabic, English.
Starting Date : As soon as possible
Duration of Initial Contract : 3 Months
IDS Background :
The Institute For development Studies (IDS) is a non-profit, non-governmental institute providing national development to vulnerable Palestinians since 2003 in order to create a Palestinian community that enjoys sustainable development . The IDS follows various methodologies to achieve that, through (capacity building, networking, community awareness, advocacy & lobbying, research, oversight & policy analysis , empowerment, media) .
(For more information about IDS Please visit www.ids-gaza.com)
Project Background :
The Institute For Development Studies (IDS) with UNDP/PAPP ( Supporting Rule of Law in opt: Justice and Security to the Palestinian people) Implementing (New Perspectives to Legal Reform and Justice Development in the Palestinian landscape RU'A) project. The project aims to Enhance public participation on justice system decision making process and improve justice services governance through systematic and innovative policy dialogue .
- University degree of Law or any other related fields.
- A minimum of two years working experience in The related field .
- Good reporting skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Excel and Word.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English .
- Practice license from Palestinian lawyers bar.
- Ability to work under stress/pressure.
- Experience in working with (Legal actors, Decision makers, Lawyers, Academics, Community representatives ..ect )
- High research capability in the field of law, and experience in the field of legal policy analysis.
- Readiness to work long hours.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Developing, planning and organizing the project activities.
- Prepare monthly work plans by using excel
- Supervision and monitoring of all daily activities which related to the project.
- Selecting project partners and encourage their participating in the project.
- Develop and prepare MOUs with partners in the project.
- Lead the team to perform the tasks within the project aspects ( Objectives, Results, Outputs..ect )
- Preparation of projects progress reports.
- Organizes and plans work to accomplish given objectives with minimal supervision. Makes decisions, takes actions to move issues forward and follows up on actions.
- Conduct monitoring as per the monitoring schedule and using the monitoring forms and tools provided on all aspects of the project implementation .
- Strives to increase effectiveness of routine work tasks. Implements solutions to problems in work unit. Ensures high standard of own work when faced with challenging circumstances.
- Supporting and Encourages project volunteers to achieve a high standard of participations . Manages the expectations of beneficiaries
- Identifies the developmental needs of team members. Ensures that all team members are informed and updated on the team’s progress and objectives. Takes constructive action to resolve conflict.
How to Apply :
- Interested candidates should send their C.V (Arabic or English) with a cover letter stating their relevant experience and motivation to ( Info@ids-gaza.com ) .
- Applicants are not permitted to conduct outside work according to the institutes regulations.
- IDS encourage women to apply but applications from men and women will be considered equally.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration.
Note : Only short-listed candidates will be contacted . No phone calls please.
-------------------------------------------- Google Ads --------------------------------------------